Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'puller tool'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Site Help
    • Site Help
  • LCUSA Members Area
    • Club Management
    • The Specialist and Gazette
    • Classifieds-Members Only
    • Member News
  • Public Area
    • Welcome to LCUSA & Club News
    • Membership Questions
    • Chit Chat
    • Technical Advice
    • Product Reviews & Installations
    • Jamboree Information
    • What's happening
    • Show Us Your Lambrettas
    • LCUSA Facebook Group
    • LCUSA Facebook Classifieds

Product Groups

  • Membership and Jamboree Registration
    • LCUSA Membership
    • Lambretta Jamboree Registration

Categories

  • Model Information
    • Italian Lambrettas
    • Spanish Lambrettas
    • Indian Lambrettas
    • South American Lambrettas
    • French, German and Tawainese Lambrettas
  • Tech Tips and How-to's
    • Maintenance
    • Performance
    • Tips and Tricks

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests


Currently Owned Lambrettas

Found 1 result

  1. WhatUp Lambretta club Some of you know about Daniel Smith getting the Silver Special Lambretta. I saw this scooter a number of years back at a rally. The scooter was complete, but a bit crusty. If I remember correct, the guy wanted to get it worked on, but didn’t have the extra cash at the time. 2017 Daniel gets the scooter, hopping to start riding it right away. That didn’t happen? The reason? The motor needs rebuilding! It’s a good thing he didn’t keep trying to ride it, because there were a number of things wrong, that needed to be fixed immediately. Here’s where my story starts. Daniel needed a parts list. I couldn’t make the list until I got the Dam rear hub off! It was like, welded on. I tried all of my old school tricks. It wouldn’t come off. It’s time to finally buy a Lambretta hub puller tool! I went online to buy the tool, and every shop was sold out. I didn’t want to stop working, so I made one. I went to Lowe’s and picked up, 3mm thick washers that would fit over the rear hub axle threads perfect. I got lucky with this washer because drilling the center hole out would have been a pain. This 3mm thick washers had a UAJ stamp on it. It should be easy to find. I picked up 1½ inch bolts to fit in the hub’s three pulley holes. I found this Harbor Freight, Tie Rod/Pitman Arm Puller. It look like it might work, with what I was thinking of doing. I use regular paper to make a template. You can use the washers center for a guide to cut out your starter hole or make a punch tool out of a old socket like I did. This is the only times dirty parts come in handy. Place the paper over the hubs axle and simply rub your finger over the area to make the hole pattern mark. This part is very important. The punch marks has to be center. I taped the pattern to the washer. Then flipped it over to make the punch marks. To save time drilling out the washers. I use vice grips to hold them together. I needed something to lineup washers and found the backend of a socket worked great for this. Using a drill press for this part is the only way to go. If I drill it with a hand drill, I would have broken every drill bit I own. Most of you hardcore gear-heads know to start with a small drill bit first. The last drill bit size I used was 9/32. I had to modify the puller arms, to center the puller on the hubs axle. The puller worked great. That Silver Special rear hub wasn’t coming off easy. When I tighten the puller screw, It didn’t budge. I was hopping the bolts wouldn’t strip out the hub, because of the pressure. I kept turning the screw. Then it released like a gun going off. I haven’t worked on a hub seized up like this in a long time. The Silver Special had a few other parts welded by corrosion. This will be a great scooter when Daniel work out a few small problem. The Harbor Freight, Tie Rod/Pitman Arm Puller cost $14. All together the hub tool cost $18, and took a few hours to make. I used 3 washers for this project. 4 washers would have been better. I could see the 3 washers beginning to bend just before the hub released. Anthony Armstrong anthonyscooterwork.com ASD scooter designs
×
×
  • Create New...