Hello everyone. I posted my S2 li125 for sale last week and now I guess it's time to reveal why I parted with a project I was putting that much effort into. Basically, I lucked into this TV175, which is more or less my dream scooter (having anxiety thinking about it) and was in a similar state of restoration as the project I just sold off but had been sitting for 12 years. Bike was originally from South Florida but condition isn't reflective of the humid and salty environment aside from a couple parts like the seat frame being pretty rough and some pitting on the top of the frame under the seat. Otherwise it's complete as it needs to be and similar steps have been taken to restore as the Li125 I have now parted with. Cases had been tumbled long ago and included was the original jug and a new oversized piston along with the original crank, carb, etc. As such, I got to work right away and began the steps to bring the engine together mainly to keep things clean and so I could move a bunch of engine components out of boxes and into the cases. Things were going really well at first until I started to hit issues namely the crank turned out to be too far gone to reuse (odometer shows 14k miles or kilos not sure which I haven't really looked) and slid into the new drive side bearing without so much as a tap from a rubber mallet. Having Jet200 to work at on shop days is great and of course there was a replacement TV crank from Casa Lambretta sitting on the shelf which was an unexpected expense but kept the motor moving along. I also ran into some other issues with new BGM cylinder studs which are larger diameter than their stock replacements and caused some binding when trying to install the jug which required some enlarging of the holes to accommodate installation. That all got sorted yesterday so I can keep moving with some other items going forward but overall I'm really excited to bring a bike that's been sitting for 12 years forward to a place where it can be seen and appreciated again by all of us who like these sort of things.
Some items are further behind than my previous S2 project and will need to be addressed in the next week including having some stripping, blasting, and plating chrome work done to get all of the parts prepped and ready for reuse. Gas Tank and Seat will be the big items but the fork links, brake pedal and chrome ring and associated bits all need to be cleaned and replaced but I'm in no rush and our local place charges by the pound so I'll be looking for another scooterist here in town who needs to do the same so we can save a bit of cash on that part of the process and take our items in together.
Anyhow, this is the scooter I've always lusted after and never expected to personally own. While it's not strikingly different than the S2 i recently sold at least in terms of final execution of the finished product and overall features of the bike, it's really cool to have the stamps on the cases and frame that say "TV175/2". More to come as I move forward. Cheers.