nicyoung

Turn signals on vintage machine?

Has anyone tried adding turn signals to a vintage Lambretta, or do you think it would be sacrilegious! ? Obviously they would need to blend in enough to look like they belong on the original machine.

The shape of these would be cool though, clearly, they look too modern.

Nick

If you would like to have turn signals (with self-cancelling device and sound warner), disk brake, and perhaps even ABS on your scooter, I would just sell that old Lambretta and buy a modern V3$p@ instead.

I have truck marker lights on my Severta panels. This photo is of my friend's scooter, by my sServeta is pretty much the same.
They look pretty good.
They ground through the spring clip, and are wired with a junction in order to remove the panels when needed.

I have always wanted to make some LED signals that are wireless and magnetic... (Stick on the panels magnetically... but are removable. No holes to drill no wires to mess with.)

I have always wanted to make some LED signals that are wireless and magnetic... (Stick on the panels magnetically... but are removable. No holes to drill no wires to mess with.)

Yep. Like Bluetooth technology. I mean if they can get that small shit into a earpiece I mean come on.

There are moments when im ridin with my kids when I would like to merge over or make a turn and it just doesn't feel right at that moment to hand signal...it would be cool to slap some signals on to get him from school and then remove them when we get home.

Magnet Bluetooth controlled turn signals. Money to made for some inventive mind.

Magnet Bluetooth controlled turn signals. Money to made for some inventive mind.

Unfortunately there is only 24 hrs in a day. :)

This has been on my mind for about 10 years.

Also want to make a secondary BRAKE light in the rear frame badge that lights up when brakes are applied. (Much like back of cars now have the extra brake light)

• Upvote 1

Very cool idea!

• Upvote 1

There are moments when im ridin with my kids when I would like to merge over or make a turn and it just doesn't feel right at that moment to hand signal...it would be cool to slap some signals on to get him from school and then remove them when we get home.

Yeah, I don't want to mess up the vintage look, but sometimes safety trumps it!

• Upvote 1

I agree... it is SUPER handy to have signals while waiting to make a left turn.

The signal buzzer is not difficult to wire in... BUT is annoying while waiting to turn left at a long light.

Something I  have observed with a signal buzzer is that pedestrians become MUCH more aware of your vehicle when they hear it. They look up at you and notice you.

I have found that when you want to turn right... if folks are crossing the street they look back when they hear the buzzer and get the heck out of the way faster. :)

Money to made for some inventive mind.

Also... something this would ALSO work on the OTHER inferior vintage scooters and vehicles that some of us have.

I couldn't care less about the vintage. I don't want to wire bodge some crap up just to use 5 minutes out of 2 days a week.

Unfortunately there is only 24 hrs in a day. :)

This has been on my mind for about 10 years.

Also want to make a secondary BRAKE light in the rear frame badge that lights up when brakes are applied. (Much like back of cars now have the extra brake light)

I'm not so hot on the turn signal idea.  In fact, I still run hot & cold about rear-view mirrors.  Like signals, they are smart for safety but look like canine testicles (dog balls) on a vintage moto.

HOWEVER, a rear frame badge that lights up as a secondary brake light seems like a great idea!

signals, they are smart for safety but look like canine testicles (dog balls) on a vintage moto.

This is why you want them magnetic, wire free, AND removable.

Run them when you need... When you park, pluck them off and go.

if you like the look of Jag lights, those can be wired up to be signals.... and still keep a vintage look.

You can also put the "bar end" type on the ends of the grips - not terribly intrusive to the looks of the bike.

This is a horrible idea. Shame on all of you encouraging this thought.

Haha - I would agree. However, I also realize that if someone wants to do something tasteless to their bike, they are going to do it no matter what others think.

Ha,ha! I created controversy! Seriously I was just wondering if it had been done "successfully", I don't think I'll try it myself.

Nick