Lambrettayeroc

Handy Lambretta Internet Links

... I took my bike to another MC shop in Hollywood. The guy was very cool.. he's a custom bike builder so he understood my frustration with this whole registration / brake/light inspection situation..  He gave me a certificate.. I sent it along w/ all my paperwork back to the DMV w/ a letter..

I do have a sinking feeling they are going to kick it back though.. I say this because before I went to him, I'd gone to another service station, and the guy there showed me his forms he needs to fill out.. they came in a book.. one for lights and one for brakes.. but I think they were for cars.. Anyway, he wouldn't do it because he didn't know what to make of my bike.. he spoke little english and kept talking about turn signals and some other list he thought I needed from DMV.. 

So I left there empty handed and went to the other place.. no hassle, but his report looks a lot like the one I got from Route66.. but he said he's done hundreds of them and if mine got kicked back it'd be the 1st he'll have ever seen to be kicked back.

I searched the DMV and BAR website for certified stations.. very confusing to say the least.. and all the places on the list I called only do cars.. 

If this doesn't go through I don't know what I'll do.. 

Maybe I'd try to renew the VT registration and just ride w/ Vermont plates? and just renewing it each year?   I don't know how they handle back fees in VT, but I don't think it was registered non-op and the last time it was registered was in 2011.

Fingers crossed but not feeling all that positive. 

The form is the same for motorcycles or cars - form L-91, B-91.  

There is a small loophole

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/vr/spcnsreg

·         Official brake and light adjustment certificates. When an official brake and light station that inspects specific vehicles such as motorcycles and large commercial vehicles is not located within a reasonable distance, DMV will accept a Statement of Facts (REG 256) from a repair shop attesting that the brakes and lights are in proper working order. Brake and light certificates are not required for off-highway vehicles or trailers weighing less than 3,000 pounds gross vehicle weight.

Hopefully his latest effort works. If not i turned him onto Honda of Hollywood. Theyve been there for years. I used to take my bmw there.

The key thing about Honda hollywood is that they service the chp and lapd bikes so the final paperwork should be spot on.

Yes hopefully hes good

and if hes not, hopefully Honda Hollywood has this sign posted somewhere on their building

adj_logos_zpscwudmnqg.jpg

• Upvote 1

The form is the same for motorcycles or cars - form L-91, B-91.  

There is a small loophole

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/vr/spcnsreg

·         Official brake and light adjustment certificates. When an official brake and light station that inspects specific vehicles such as motorcycles and large commercial vehicles is not located within a reasonable distance, DMV will accept a Statement of Facts (REG 256) from a repair shop attesting that the brakes and lights are in proper working order. Brake and light certificates are not required for off-highway vehicles or trailers weighing less than 3,000 pounds gross vehicle weight.

Yeah.. I had seen that and made a screen grab of it and printed it..  If this 2nd inspection gets kicked back, I'll go get a statement of fact from him and send that in.. 

I'll just keep playing the paperwork shuffle back and forth game, and just ride it that way forever.  :P

I'll try the Honda Hollywood Jimmy and I called yesterday.. I just hope they're not TOO official, as I have no turn signals on my bike.. or a place to put them.. (I'll figure that out if/when the time comes)  I'm starting to have fun w/ this at least.. if I didn't it'd drive me bonkers, and I'd break stuff.  ;)

edit:  and I just got an email from Germany.. I'd ordered something weeks and weeks ago.. it was sent back to the shipper.. they left the 1st digit off my street address.. Aaaack!

Thanks guys.. 

Today I.… decided to take a little stress relief and rode the scoot in to work. Cutting through hollywood traffic - one of the best ideas I've had in a while.

• Upvote 5

Finally got my LTH manifold after about 8+ weeks.. maybe longer.. I've forgotten..  They shipped it to me, it came all the way to Santa Monica, but they had accidentally left the 1st digit off my street address, so it went all the way back to Germany.. then back to me.  :wacko:

You'd figure my mail person would know based on all the packages I get from Germany.. and my street is only so long.. 

Anyway, I'll put it on if/when I get my panels painted..   buying from overseas can be hard.. sometimes.  Thanks to Marco though.. he's really cool and sent it back for free.  

LTH%20RB%20Manifold_zps8qiyoswf.jpg

• Upvote 3

After waiting patiently and checking their site daily for the past month, I saw last night that the Scootopia seat I'm after had come back in stock, so I put one in my cart and checked out, as their Ancillotti seats seem to move quickly.

That means I'll have to hold off on the Varitronic for a bit, but hopefully this seat will suit my needs.

Regarding ifnition.. In the mean time I'm going to swap my BGM stator (which I think is the 1st issue they did) for the new v4.. 3 releases/upgrades later I'd hope it's improved. I'll report a comparison in Product reviews when I get it done.

I went for nice early ride thru the town today and met up with some folks for breakfast. Its nice in the city for early morning riding.

Got back and did some timing work and i'm right about 17 16 at high revs on my timing and around 24 25 at high idle.

I have the rt195 a tad more set back(retarded) than the previous topend. Before i was at 18 on the indian187.

After waiting patiently and checking their site daily for the past month, I saw last night that the Scootopia seat I'm after had come back in stock, so I put one in my cart and checked out, as their Ancillotti seats seem to move quickly.

That means I'll have to hold off on the Varitronic for a bit, but hopefully this seat will suit my needs.

Regarding ifnition.. In the mean time I'm going to swap my BGM stator (which I think is the 1st issue they did) for the new v4.. 3 releases/upgrades later I'd hope it's improved. I'll report a comparison in Product reviews when I get it done.

Don't forget to elongate the slots slightly before you fit it, that was the only way I could get to the 18 BTDC I was after.

• Upvote 1

Don't forget to elongate the slots slightly before you fit it, that was the only way I could get to the 18 BTDC I was after.

I just installed the new v4 stator and double checked the timing 3X w/ my light, and I didn't need to elongate the slots.  I did't need to for the older version of the BGM stator either.  I set it up this time at 18.5..   I haven't ridden it, but it starts right up.. I can't really tell if my lights are any brighter here in the garage... I'll have to go out tonight and see if I see a noticeable difference in the headlight brightness. 

Got home from a weekend away with my wife and tore the top-end off my Series 1 after some poor jetting last fall made it seize prone.  

I went ahead and sanded down the scuffs on the piston and the bore with some wet sand paper and put it back together so it's ready for our Lambretta-only ride next weekend. Fingers crossed that it's good to go now but I think it should be.

• Upvote 5

Now that my RT195 is rather broke in I am in the process of get the main jet chosen.

I have lowered it 3 times today and WOT is still sputtering. Shall be giving the 130 jet a try monday.

33mm KEHEIN

boomstick race

high flow filter

38 idle

CGL needle at 4th clip

130 main

Mid throttle temps get up to 400 F too fast while WOT sputters. Am hoping to have this sorted this week.

My 18.5 definitely feels more of what I'm used to... Zippier.. I was just following the AF guidlines being my 1st lambretta and all, but i should have done what I know and trust from the start.. 18.5 is fine for now but I'll end up w/ the Variable for sure.. Next I need to do some porting work and get me squish down quite a bitz.

It has beena good learning experience though so no harm done... Just extra work.

I also need to get off my arse and setup for fork springs... They're not equal (due to the spring stops not beinf welded in the same spot. I can feel it's not optimum, so that's on my list too.

Sprider.. Is your RT reed? 130 sounds kinda small to me w/ the pwk33. What happened when you tried the CGM? Too lean at idle and low throttle? I'd have tried the CGM or even CGN along w/ a richer idle.. 38 sounds lean too.

But every bike is different and I don't have any expwrienve w/ the Boomstick.

Good luck.. Chop another plug.

I thought you told me you were gonna set it back to 17 or something. You wanted it cooler at speed. maybe you said 18.

I cant wait to get a timing light with a tach. It almost seems imperative with variable ignition.

That was a good long ride today Haf.

Thanks for info... I'll throw in a 150 after I see if 130 helps clean up WOT. Paddy told me today about a RB250 that is running a 150 main which sound right for that race kit with huge pipe that reed kit needs.

Since my RT195 is not reed ported and is more a touring kit I was thinking 125 to 130 might be about right. On the stand WOT pours out unburnt mixture and seems to miss. I'll update as I focus in. A higher idle jet shall happen soon. Thinking 40 to 45..?

Onward and forwards

Accessories Plus.

Wait until you see my Jet fork in ceramic silver!

• Upvote 2