Lambrettayeroc

Handy Lambretta Internet Links

Yes, it would be really cool if there was a sight glass/tube so the fuel level is easy to check... :)

I am not sure Mark is following this thread...Will have to PM him...!

Diego's solution is the best we have tried. We have not been able to source that cap in quantity at all so will be moving on to another solution with any new designs moving forward. As mentioned previously, don't over tighten, it makes it much easier to remove. Take the advice given here or contact us for assistance.

The version of the tank with the sight level is not a Lifetime tank, it's fiberglass and molding in a clearish material is only possible with those. A sight glass on the Lifetime tank would need to be impregnated into the plastic during production. There really isn't room for such a thing to stick out from the tank in any location. It's also something that could potentially break and cause a leak/trashed tank. Will's suggestion of a fuel tap with warning light is your best bet. The only other solution I can think of is a dipstick of some sort. 

Woops

Thanks for the info.... thought I had the v1 lifetime tank.

So who created my tank...?

It's 5 plus years old and in perfect shape. Since its not metal it'll never rust or need a liner which provides great peace of mind to me.

Love it

Handmade in Italy. They are nice tanks but they can swell if gas ever penetrates the fiberglass. Plus, no impact resistance whatsoever.

This thread is all over the place.

Yeah, I screwed up earlier when doing the migration. Unfortunately there isn't an undue button so it's going to take a long, long time to fix what essentially was about a second of work.

On 8/31/2015 at 2:54 PM, Vader19 said:

I finally got around to installing my Varitronic. With the simple wiring diagram from Beedpseed (thanks Jon for sending that to me) it was a simple install.

http://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/products/ignition+seigiorni+varitronic+_50028000

I did however have to run a tap down one of the threaded holes in the stator back plate.. neither of the screws seemed to want to thread in smoothly.. so one run of an M7 tap did the trick.

After a loose flywheel nut came off (I usually don't fully torque them down while setting a static stator, as I know I'll have to pull it at least once to adjust the stator.. and at 1500-2k rpm I've never had one come loose, but I spaced and forgot that I'd be running it up to 8k to check the auto-retard.. and sure enough the nut came off.. I was quick enough to kill the motor before the flywheel came loose.. whew!

... a couple more stator position adjustments and fresh wavy washers and I have it dead on at 25 BTDC at 2500rpm and it goes smoothly down to 17 at 8k.. I may take it down one degree to 24/16 or I may go up to 26/18, but I'm going to run it like this for a bit and keep an eye on my gauges and plug.

The boost in low end power can be felt right away, and the acceleration is smoother.

I haven't put many miles on it, so I'm not %100 convinced yet, but I've got V3$p@tronics (same manufacturer) on my 3 Vethpas and have enjoyed the benefits of the extra "oomph" down low and the peace of mind that it's retarding at high rpm.. 1.5 to 4 years on the V3$p@tronics with no problems, I'm hopeful I'll have the same experience with the Lambretta version.

This is the diagram I used:

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag126/vader19/Varitronic%20Diagram%20beedspeed_zpspuuiom5u.jpg

so what's your verdict on the varitronic?