Lambrettayeroc

Handy Lambretta Internet Links

Yesterday I check the timing on the TV and found it retarded. I moved it up some and was more happier with the way she ran. Went out and grounded the muffler twice.

Does anyone on here have a Jet 200 that is in the SX200 559 17X and 55921X range please?

If so please send me photos of the forks and dampers.

I've narrowed the change from thin to thick dampers down to 38 scooters.

Anyone have a scooter in between these numbers?

Geek out Serveterans!

If anyone does it is probably located in the middle of the USA unless it has been moved from the general area I believe where these were originally sold.

Yesterday I swapped out a 150 top end to a standard 175CC. Most work I've ever done on a Lambretta, now have an issue with a revving engine though =/

Amazing - Thanks for posting! Iron Halo, I'm going to Spain in September, I'll try to hit that Beach Bar! Let us know if and where you find some Lambrettas!

I'll keep 2 of my Lambrettas. But that's it. I may sell them as well, but not sure. I just don't have the time I used to, and the people I ride with don't have time to ride. I have 5 sets of Serveta panels. Why? I have no idea. An this internet shit isn't satisfying anymore since people are crybabies. So all in all, I guess I'm bored. Maybe I'll get into vintage window coverings. I'm sure there's a whole new world out there for me to annoy.

Just get into vintage camping trailers. No one has done that yet.

Yeah this was one of those every couple of months random posts. But it's what I do.

Corey,

Email Sky in Boise. He has Jay's old Jet that started with 559XXX. Sorry, I can't be more specific than that from my old records.

Just get into vintage camping trailers. No one has done that yet.

Actually there is a run on those too. Its a hot ticket round here. Folks are getting them and parking them in their backyard as hipster bar hangouts and air bnb's. 

Dave Highway has a few. He recently restored a beauty.

Yeah - my sad yet suttle attempt at sarcasm. Not as big here but essentially everywhere is all things "vintage".

I dont have a sense of a humor so naturally sarcasm is a x-factor :)

I'll bet the 300 is a beast and is going to have a hard time competing with the V3$p@ 300...

....but frankly they are 4stroke and plastic so i dont think they are appropriate here.

It looks good but still its crap and its not a Lambretta. Frankly someone like Bertone should sue them for stealing the design. The 300 wont be produced either. It will be a 250 Asian sourced engine. It a 4 stroke vacuum. Develop and exciting modern low emission 2 stroke as the technology is there. Then it might be interesting

Hey Mark, one more...what about a sight glass/tube so the fuel level is easy to check? With a 1 gallon tank, it is easy - you always need to get gas. With the bigger tank, I forget how long it has been since I filled up...!

That lets you know that you are about to run out same as switching to reserve, I would like to know how much fuel is left at any given time...

But the junk is put in such nice pretty boxes, like you commented on a while ago. You specifically pointed out about how good the new parts you had bought were packed. Pretty boxes didn't make a difference in the end? The parts still didn't fit the way you wanted them to ? Don't understand :huh:

No longer care. Done with junk.

That lets you know that you are about to run out same as switching to reserve, I would like to know how much fuel is left at any given time...

The LED fuel tap has no RES... it's ON or OFF. The ON setting empties tank all the way till its dry.... but the light turns on which is slick. There is never that moment when rider pulls clutch / reaches down to turn tap to RES.

Way safer I think

I'll get one I think

It's only money

And the RES on my 3 gallon tank is a few inches of fuel... thats over 50 miles.

Thanks, I know... I have used the indicator style before. Again, I don't want to know in the middle of a ride that the tank is getting low, I want an easy way to tell how much is in the tank. Like a fuel gauge...

BTW, during the day, with the light indicator, I ended up always wondering how long the light had been on...!

My older 1st generation of the lifetime tank (isn't I'm told) has a clear section on its front for checking fuel level. Sure is handy... but I still run out of fuel. Ha

Edited post

post-27-0-51328500-1468855470_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

That is pretty cool, I didn't know they came like that!

And you are right, still have to check it. I typically mix before a ride, but when commuting, I don't want to mix gas/fill in work clothes if I do not have to... I get three miles from home and of course hit reserve. I now stash 2 stroke and a mix cup at work...

Only the old version (nope... not a jet200 tank I'm informed) had this feature

Maybe a v3 might...?

Hint hint Jet200.com

Edited post