Lambrettayeroc

Handy Lambretta Internet Links

Just finished mapping out our road trip from Florida to the Jammy!

I have number of flat washers ( 14mm diameter)  with 6 small ridges ( bumps) around the inside like they had small star washers incorporated into them. Where might these belong ?

Thanks. Nine of them. I figured them out. They go under the frame rails. I see the oval from the hole on one of them. The ones you refer to are inside star washers. These ones are a combination flat and inner star washer I guess.

I bag and tag on the way out and I can usually find the right fasteners from a pile by purpose, location, configuration, size and length, and quantity. It's been 5 years and I also added some stuff that came along with the 125 which might throw the numbers off.

Yeah, the speed nuts were my first thought but 14mm seemed big for those. Anyway, good you figured it out.

I know, it's reoccurring subject but it's been a couple of years.  Mine is due up next month and noticed a fair rate hike so I figured I should shop around.  While searching I saw that Hagerty no longer has milage limitations, anyone sign up  since the change?

https://www.hagerty.com/Insurance/Motorcycle-Insurance

Also I just switched my motorcycle from Farmers to USAA/Progressive and it was exactly half the price, just not sure about Progressive with classic vehicles, anyone have any experience?

I use Haggerty, used to have Geico, until I started asking questions about replacement (in case one of my scoots got stolen) and wasn't satisfied with their answers.

Thanks for the headsup on mileage. I had a long chat with them on the SX and Rally. The 20/30 commutes limitation was pure horseshit (since each is 2.5 miles).

I basically just dealt with it but glad to hear they got religion.

Though the wording is a bit odd on the milage I'll give them a shot.  Cheaper that who I was using. 

Progressive will not pay replacement value on a vintage scooter. We were "dropped" after they originally insured our scooters for an appraised value but then decided mid-year that the appraisal value was deemed unacceptable.

We were refunded our money and switched to Hagerty and have been happy ever since.

Hagerty accepted a written appraisal on each of our scooters for full replacement value.  ...you also get 50 miles of flatbed towing with your policy.

Hagerty gave me stated value with just pictures at a very reasonable value. As in way cheaper than any others for just collision! Damage, vandalism, theft all included...

I have Gieco  - they asked me to get with the guy who hit me insurance when I got t-boned. All-state not terrible to deal with,,, do not know their deal on scooters

Glad I have not had to lean to hard on Geico..I think that I may switch up!

Allstate

$82 per year for:

50/100/100 liability,

5,000 or actual cash value collision and comprehensive

no mileage limit

I use Progressive Direct. I have three Lambrettas on it with the same deal as Mark. However, I pay $419. 

People, unless you do not meet the requirements of having a daily driver, switch to Hagerty. That is the only thing with their insurance, you have to have a primary vehicle. At one hoarding time my policy was $600 for STATED value (don't accept any other type for something like a Lambretta that costs so much more than they are worth) coverage; loss, damage, theft, vandalism, etc. and full collision and that covered both Datsuns and 10+ 2 wheeled vehicles...

Switched the vintage scooters from Progressive to Hagerty this year, partially because Progressive didn't know what to do about the Heinkel, and very happy with Hagerty's service and price (saved about $100 year over Progressive).

Does anyone have full coverage (liability, fire, theft, vandalism etc...) and not have a car or other daily driver? Who are you using? 

Does anyone have full coverage (liability, fire, theft, vandalism etc...) and not have a car or other daily driver? Who are you using?

Yes, my daily commuter is my Lambretta. I have comprehensive coverage. 3 Lambrettas at $419 per year.

• Upvote 1

.... got back from England very tired and late. After 10 pm.  Tomorrow I'm working on rebuilding the clutch and stopping the rear sprocket from rocking.

Fired up the AT1 125 my neighbor gave me.

This bike had been sitting since about 72. The oil had turned to some sort of runny jello and the carb had varnished shut. After about a days worth of cleaning I was able to get it to fire off.

• Upvote 3

Thats cooooool. Thats the first bike i really learned how to ride, a side from mini bikes.

I totally agree! I have been messing with an RD125, RD200, RD350 and my new favorite... A YM1... Yamahas are a lot of fun!