airfin

Shaving an LI125

Just picked this one up. Seemed like a good deal. Kitted to a 190. Has been sitting since 09 - started up this am in 5 kicks with a little squirt of magic fuel into the carb. But seriously - I am all good with art and appreciate creativity - but this...speechless

This was it yesterday. I have now noticed the PO crashed it at some point and decided he and his wife would create a furry fun toy for burning man. To top it off they used E6000 glue - the only solvent I have found to slightly weaken it is carb cleaner. Other than that it is hard to get off. Sometimes people just need to stay off the drugs. 

12195244604_3056ca9b82.jpg

12195438756_fc3de87bd1.jpg

12195441126_401fe070a8.jpg

12195250034_009434c8a6.jpg

Here it is today...hoping to complete its haircut by tomorrow or thursday. 

12195251414_57bcdea13e.jpg

12194845415_49ba570f28.jpg

12195094423_c2e0724ae8.jpg

12195257434_f2ea7a5ce9.jpg

• Upvote 6

Awesome! There's a lambretta under there. I hope you got a good price. 

I wonder how disappointed they were by the no motorcycle on the playa rule at Burning Man.

• Upvote 1

A lot of good ideas have gone to rest at the Playa.................

Hey Gary, that one pic looks like my half balding head from the back. I have to keep it short cause it looks like mange at my current age.

Cant wait to go totally bald..haha

A little Wool-Lite probably made it Bright.Man that could have been easy to chang the color with fabric paint.

That scoot get Strangest Award!

Lol, I have party'ed w/ that bike, saw it on playa for many years 2001-2004 or 5. I have pics

• Upvote 1

Thank the gods you bought that and are saving it.

Poor thing looked like a pinata or a birthday cake with heavy frosting.

Ha - I agree with the piñata reference

Lol, I have party'ed w/ that bike, saw it on playa for many years 2001-2004 or 5. I have pics

Pics or it didn't happen!  ;)

Seems like another Fur-bretta turns up every few years. I get why people go there, thinking they're being all weird/creative/out-of-the-box, but I really wish common sense would kick in before they commit.

Almost done cosmetically. Need to get the whitewalls on it and paint the rims to match the seat. Not everyones cup of tea. Some may say its a downgrade from the fur…but I wasn't going to do a full blown resto - so a proper rat rod it is. 

13156407505_cd9a775fe3.jpg

13156695724_fc9c09e228.jpg

13156544423_b294ff44c3.jpg

13156701564_e6cdbc71d7.jpg

13156549963_f4021c3f2e.jpg

13156707774_8242cd346e.jpg

• Upvote 2

I had a fur covered Series 1, turned it into the Death Proof Scoot.

Looks like a proper scoot now. I'll still have a moment of silence for the fur. 

OK, done. You gonna wax the hell out of the bare metal or paint it?

Ha, well, I'll kind of miss the "Barney" scoot.  That's what I called it.  I remember its debut.  You did a nice job getting it into something presentable.

Ha, well, I'll kind of miss the "Barney" scoot.  That's what I called it.  I remember its debut.  You did a nice job getting it into something presentable.

I dont think its possible to actually ever miss a fur covered bike. 

Looks like a proper scoot now. I'll still have a moment of silence for the fur. 

OK, done. You gonna wax the hell out of the bare metal or paint it?

Ya Ill use a spray wax. easier to use than any paste or creme. Definitely not going to clear it - Unless I do a flat clear.....Im actually not keeping it. Since i bought this one I have acquired a couple of other bikes. I have a buddy that has wanted to get another Lambretta for a long time. So far he likes this - but the money may not work in his favor. If not scoot.net and craigslist it is. 

OMG!!!! you just undid someone else's work......... and you don't even know what this fine piece of Italian art work looked like before

it was altered........ leave it alone.... HHHHHUGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!! Why can't people leave good enough alone ?  

• Upvote 1

If memory serves me, and it still does, at least when it's long term, there was girl who rode back to England from Milan in '97, or we joined her group for the ride back, I don't remember that well, actually, but what I do remember is she was riding a purple fur covered GP200 TS1. I thought it was cool. But then I also liked The Lambanana.

Lambanana.jpg

• Upvote 1

all traces of fur gone. There is still some green peeking through.

After riding it and it half rattling itself apart, it got a top end rebuild. Hone, port matching, squish, carb ream and new jetting.

It ran with an exhaust leak, cyl.leak and wrong jetting. Now it really moves. Next up is the kickstart plunger and associated parts. It is not kicking through all the way.

Great bike. and as it "rusts" it gets better looking.

20141023_122109.jpg