gone

Re-invigorating! Still think the new LCUSA site was a great idea.

I get the general impression that the new LCUSA site and its software has created more conversation between members and more interaction on the site. Since the inception of the new site there has been a continuous stream of content and technical conversation that, up to now, I've had to go elsewhere to read.

• Upvote 4

Who are you and what have you done with upjettr? 

I quite like it, as well. 

How about a section for J range and also LD stuff.
Won't be much traffic... but you never know, you have to start somewhere.

• Upvote 1

I agree Corey, I think if there is any way to build interest in those models it would benefit the club.

Id like to see that just for content to look at and read. LD owners get bagged on s much for having an interest in a slow bike that I think they stay in the woodwork to avoid humiliation. I have seen one or two fast ld's and would like to see if mayb there are others with that model that want to share.

Obviously from the last post that shows the French effort and the others, the LD is frikkin awesome to mess with.

• Upvote 1

I think LDs are on an upswing as far as interest here in the US. I bet since they are more common overseas they have been more accepted and utilized - they are just around at rallys or collected. Here in the U.S. seems that people care a bit more about them now than in years past

• Upvote 1

I will add a "not series Lambrettas" or something like that later today.

Funny I'd just been thinking about adding something like that last week.

• Upvote 1

How about an "events" section for people to post their rallies and shows?  Perhaps the Jamboree can be pinned in that topic. 

• Upvote 1

I loved the story of the Corsette and Solerunner's Cento. 

That was one of my proudest lambretta moments for sure! I think the J's are great bikes and I'd love for LCUSA to be a source of information for those. LD's are great too! I've had 2 and I have several boxes of spares for them. I think Corey (and others too I'm sure) collect memorabilia pics/dealer signs/history of Lambretta in the US too. If anyone is gonna document the history of Lambretta in the USA.....i'd think LCUSA would/should be the source for that. 

• Upvote 1

I'd like to see a file share page set up specifically for the LCUSA.

A lot of the Handy links become broken over time and we lose access to great information that we could save and share.

• Upvote 1

I'd like to see a file share page set up specifically for the LCUSA.

A lot of the Handy links become broken over time and we lose access to great information that we could save and share.

This is why the LCUSA needs to host its own stuff. So we don't lose the resource.

• Upvote 1

How about an "events" section for people to post their rallies and shows? Perhaps the Jamboree can be pinned in that topic.

I second this. Pasadena ride this Saturday up Angeles crest yo!

• Upvote 1

It really isn't that bad, it's pretty fast and open. Last couple times I've done it have been about an hour with a stop at redbox. We're going past it for lunch at Newcombes ranch, another 5 miles or so.

• Upvote 1

It really isn't that bad, it's pretty fast and open. Last couple times I've done it have been about an hour with a stop at redbox. We're going past it for lunch at Newcombes ranch, another 5 miles or so.

Your not tellin me anything I don't know.

Ive done that climb maybe a dozen times on my old bmr, half a dozen times by scoot, and cant count by car.

Il be there.

• Upvote 1

Nice! Full bar at the top. I'll buy you a beer.

Sounds good.

But I will add some sage advice. Alcohol and that altitude(6k)can play on your neck up senses.

The road down is hypnotic as it is and then adding in beer, pot, heroin, ridilin, pcp...ect is touchy.

I know how fast you and I and others like to ride these machines but maybe a safety announcement by you would be good for the "first MtWilson climbers". You have about 40 people showing up.

Big crowd and s*** can happen.

I try not to indulge until the end of the trip, but mostly so I don't have to piss every 20 feet. 

• Upvote 2

New forums and sub forums added.

The tech section is getting split up to help keep it organized. As time goes on I'll be moving the specific posts to the correct areas. General tech will stay in the open tech section.

Announcements has been added to the members section.

this is way easier than it use to be.

• Upvote 3

Wow. There is angel dust and heroin on the LA rides? Now that's a damn party.

• Upvote 2

Wow. There is angel dust and heroin on the LA rides? Now that's a damn party.

Only the ones coming from south of San diego