Sign in to follow this  
Stu aka S.Hanson #17

Let's Talk about Harley

It’s a bummer that they can’t keep it together anymore. I don’t know much about their problems other than they aren’t selling like they’d like them to be. 

if I had to guess there’s a few factors involved. 

$, the people with money to buy are not interested in the HD lifestyle and competition by other makes, there are a lot of options

Regulations have affectively shut down the custom tuning market. in CA the California air resource board has made it illegal for shops to modify motorcycle exhausts for new bikes. CA is a stupid huge market and affects everything else. Sorry. 

I could be FOS but that’s how I see it. 

• Upvote 2

Yup I agree.  I think I feel bad for the company seeing how they have been around since the beginning of American motorcycling.  Plagued by executive and owners that never could see the future coming at them and being unwilling to adapt. They barely made it out of the amc disaster. I see only two ways out for them. One is to aggressively downsize making the product exclusive with a cap on how many units are made each year.  The other is to make an entry level bike, gas or electric for $5000 to $7000. If you are 18 to 25 and have a job, you can probably afford that. Or if you are new to riding, its not to big a gamble to see if you will enjoy it. Yes,  the era of $30,000 cruiser behemoths you cant pick up off the ground is rapidly coming to a close under the current economic forecast.

• Upvote 1