I'm confused as to what's going on.

Point to where the problem is on this stolen photo of a S3 LI headset from Google.

20130823_171944-e1377574077194.jpg

• Like 1

The shift pulley holds all of that together. I'd make sure the screw that fits in the pulley is still in place. There is also a shim that helps tighten all of that up. Usually they get missed and you end up with sloppy feeling shifters.

headset_LI.jpg

Mike.

Thanks for all your help. I am gonna take off the headset again and relook at it. How did you post photos? I cant seem to get that right as well. lol 

Pc users, Right click and select copy link on any photo from the web. Paste in to the forum posting. I don’t know mac. 

or

host photo on scoot.net/gallery/bbs

copy paste url in to your post. 

Nope

8_5_main.jpg

It's a flat shim that has an ID about the same as the shift rod and is a couple of mm thick.

Sometimes you'll find 3 or 4 in there if the gap is really big. These are missing a lot of the time because they like to stick to the pulley just long enough to get removed from the headset and then fall in to oblivion. A well shimmed headset makes a ton of difference in how the bike shifts and feels overall.

• Upvote 1