Sign in to follow this  
Roger Hudnut

Head gasket Mugello 200 Kit.

I purchased a Mugello 200 kit for my LI125.  I've had it for about 1 year.  Today I'm ready to install the head and noticed that I dont  have a head gasket.  I actually dont see that the kit ever came with one.  I've looked online, looked at many Mugello 200 kits, and I dont see a head gasket pictured.

Does this thing use a head gasket?  Id think that the answer is yes, they alll use head gaskets, but I'm a rookie and dont know if that is true.

If you need more info, let me know ant I'll get back to you asap.  Thank you.

I just came across this, on a facebook page....does this sound right??

" All new kits are supplied with a seven stud fixing (three additional studs, nuts and washers, to ensure consistency in head location.  The three studs should be fitted to the cylinder.   All the newest version of the kits do not use head gaskets.  You can tell this by checking your cylinder head.  If this sits into the cylinder, no gasket is needed except where you need to achieve the correct squish clearance (working clearance between the piston crown and cylinder head; necessary for efficient running of the engine). We highly recommend a very thin smear of Threebond sealant where a head gasket is not used.  When fitting your cylinder head, it should then be secured by strong plain M8 washers, followed ideally by our extra length M8 cylinder nuts (including the elongated nut for the purposes of securing the head cowling and as referred to previously)."                               

Any thoughts??                                      

No head gasket on my just put together two weeks ago 198cc mugello. It does have two extra head studs for a total of six. The bigger ones are torqued to 18ftlbs, the smaller ones 13ftlbs. Re- torque after 200miles. I’m going to re-torque them again at 500 miles just because.

88A8CC79-F209-417C-9E38-ABB1AF600FBC.jpeg

6EB4B632-D228-4FCC-81ED-DBC99EDA7011.jpeg

• Upvote 2

Good looking S1

As long as the surfaces are actually flat, the compression and squish are correct there is no need to run a gasket.