Sign in to follow this  
Alessandro pezzella

engine kits

Hey guys, I'm looking for some advise, doing an engine rebuild on a series 3 LI150 and I think I want to use either a Casa 185 or an RT-195, I currently have Dellorto 20 and would rather not upgrade as I'm not looking for performance but rather easy starting and low maintenance as my wife will be using it.  I could also consider rebuilding the 150. Any advise is appreciated as I'm new to this.

The rt195 uses 200 barrel intake manifold, the casa is probably better for using the original carb and exhaust

The rt is much nicer than the casa. Enough to reconsider your desire to keep the stock carb. Either one of those kits could really benefit from a modern, larger carb.

• Like 1

Well also new at this game, but I decided to go with  the Mugello 198cc kit for a TV 175 116mm. Con rod. Used a GP 60mm stroke crankshaft. Casa big bore exhaust, Dellorto carb, Varitronics ignition, lightened Imola flywheel and a updated clutch and a 150 gear box. I have roughly 375miles on it. Starts first kick every time...well maybe second kick if it’s cold out side. Runs really well. I have not ridden it at WOT which I never do, but I’m sure it would hit the 65-70mph range. Added a picture....  Good luck to you...keep us posted as to what you decided to do...lots of options out there.

5E6A2F6C-2D77-48B0-93A3-EFBC9DF51D3B.jpeg

I went back and read your post...sorry. If you put a quieter pipe on it, your wife would love it💕 it is extremely reliable. My wife rides a mostly stock 68 V3$p@ with. P200e engine, but then again Santa traded in his sleigh for the same. Enjoy the holidays 

C4F9CA52-1351-4791-AECC-D2B3A051FF73.jpeg