Sign in to follow this  
Todd

I’ve fallen and I can’t get up

A quick coffee stop turned into a kid backing into my GP. Bummer but could have been worse! I didn’t see it happen but seems like end of grip took a good hit!

busted tail light

ripped grip

legshield warp 

SIL tough as nails! 

my question is could it have sustained unseen damage from a knock down like this,  maybe bent frame or fork tube. Cracked weld? Are there some basic checks I can do to see if something is out of wack? I rode it home, it went straight. 

Thanks

DEFE8CD4-EFF4-4C6D-A68D-C38CF98236ED.jpeg

7BDEF62C-13BE-426C-A7A9-BCBD20748C51.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Had a similar experience many years ago. I called the police just to get a report so insurance wouldn't give me a hard time. Also had a ton of receipts for parts that helped too. An initial inspection of how the bodywork fits is a good place to start. If panels, floorboards no longer fit tight or when riding the steering feels stiff or has a "gyroscopic" kind of feeling thats a problem. Good idea to take the headset top off and inspect the handlebars for cracks in the aluminum.  

Did he just drive away or stick around for you? 

Ok thanks Stu, I’ll open the headset and look for cracks. It seems to ride fine and no binding in steering or controls. He took off but my buddy got his plate number and cops tracked him down. He said he didn’t know he hit it.

Truly a bummer.  You ride 2,500 miles in 15 days with mo problems.  Go home and someone knocks bike over.   Damn!

Check The back area of the hump those can bend in easy and effect side panel fit. Sucks that happened.