Stu aka S.Hanson #17

?Value of ser.1 Framebreather Roach?

Any thoughts on the value of a 1958 Ser.1 Li150 Framebreather? No title, frame is solid,  legsheild has rust rot holes, gas tank toast, only paint is on aluminum parts the rest is heavy rust brown. Rims toast, engine seized. It's cheaper from a painter's perspective to replace f.fender, legsheild, floorboards than repair. To get it running doing the minimum, it would need  Rebuild crank, new piston, rings, wrist pin, w.p. bearing, rebore, rebuild carb (possibly replace), new crank bearings , seals, gasket, clutch corks, points, condenser, maybe exhaust, brakes (possibly new hub studs), cables. That's not even rebuilding the bottom end, or the possibility of needing a new wiring harness or electronic ignition, handlebar switch, light bulbs. To get it road ready,  full engine rebuild, all new hardware, rubber trim, body gaskets, etc... Thoughts? I'll start :$300. Reason: The amount of work/cost puts it out of reach for most of people especially if they have to pay someone. It also makes very little sense for a collector, restorer, builder, flipper because the return after the investment would be so small, if any.  It would be a labor of love with no concern of final worth. 

1 hour ago, Stu aka S.Hanson #17 said:

Any thoughts on the value of a 1958 Ser.1 Li150 Framebreather? No title, frame is solid,  legsheild has rust rot holes, gas tank toast, only paint is on aluminum parts the rest is heavy rust brown. Rims toast, engine seized. It's cheaper from a painter's perspective to replace f.fender, legsheild, floorboards than repair. To get it running doing the minimum, it would need  Rebuild crank, new piston, rings, wrist pin, w.p. bearing, rebore, rebuild carb (possibly replace), new crank bearings , seals, gasket, clutch corks, points, condenser, maybe exhaust, brakes (possibly new hub studs), cables. That's not even rebuilding the bottom end, or the possibility of needing a new wiring harness or electronic ignition, handlebar switch, light bulbs. To get it road ready,  full engine rebuild, all new hardware, rubber trim, body gaskets, etc... Thoughts? I'll start :$300. Reason: The amount of work/cost puts it out of reach for most of people especially if they have to pay someone. It also makes very little sense for a collector, restorer, builder, flipper because the return after the investment would be so small, if any.  It would be a labor of love with no concern of final worth. 

That sounds fair. Anyone in the know would know that this isn’t a turn key project. It’s too bad that it’s so far gone, basically you have a desirable frame, gear box and some hardware. I’d like to find a 125 s1 to complete the set but they are getting tough come across. 

$300.. sounds ok if  it was an LD  definitely less, or regular old s1 - less.

20 minutes ago, Lambrettayeroc said:

The horn cast and headset are worth about $500 USD at least. 

really?  wow - I had no idea those run for that much.

Find another original series 1 horn cast anywhere in the world. I had a customer looking for one for two and a half years.    

Maybe Swiss Tony ( Carlos ) might have one.  Maybe Rimini. That’s about it.  And if they do top dollar for sure.  

Even an Indian repop horn cast and headset are $400 Usd on eBay. 

Stu... is the horn grill part of the casting and not removable? If so thatnhorn cast is even more rare as it’s very early series 1. 

I’ve paid $100 USD just for a S1 headset top. 

Until the last few years thebspeedometer rings were difficult to find too.  Now remade though. 

@vdublammy I avoid eBay as I don’t have the time to search it like mad the way I used to. 

Thanks though.  That person in Search ended up buying a reproduction one as the price of an original was way too costly.  

Last two I’ve seen were on FB through Carlos and the asking price was 300 GBP and they sold quickly.