Sign in to follow this  
Stu aka S.Hanson #17

Making anti dive linkage

I have a hydraulic disc that I bought without anti dive awhile back. Seems to be expensive to buy the bracket separately so I am trying to put together my own. Here is what I have so far. 

Two male 8mm heim joints, one 8mm coupling,  two 8mm nuts, one fork leg spaq (kind of crappy) bracket If i can find a longer coupling I can get more adjustment.  Looking for a  fork leg bracket that will fit with current bgm dampeners like the bgm or targa bolt ons. The down side is my bracket is heavier that what comes with the kit, but it is around  $20 so far. 

I'd prefer a better looking/designed bracket like these. Pictures from scooter speed and piston ported

Sorry for the 2x post. I dont know how to delete the double post.

Screenshot_20190714-112447_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190714-112650_Chrome.jpg

20190714_112142.jpg

20190714_111954.jpg

Have to shorten the threaded end of the heim joints so I can screw it further into the coupling to shorten up the entire length of linkage.  Also as I understand it, the lower the bracket and linkage is to parallel,  the less harsh the anti dive is. Higher up, more aggressive. Please correct me if I'm wrong. This is all just roughly put on to see how it all fits and if it will work together, not the final. I prefer the two female heim joints connected with an 8mm hardened stud and an 8mm nut as a spacer. Much lighter and simple. 

20190714_185212.jpg

20190715_160327.jpg

• Upvote 1

Stu,

I would personally be nervous with this arrangement, as the forward force will want to turn the bracket, with the possibility of turning into the disc/wheel.

I think that is why all of the bracket arrangements currently on the market have the bar extended forward of the fork leg and the bracket facing forwards.

My 0.02c.

I understand your concern of the possibility of the bracket slipping. I have only seen the brackets as pictured, unless a tab is welded on the forks to take the place of the bolt on bracket.  Do you have a picture of the new style clamp on? I cant seem to find one. I did a search on google under lambretta anti dive front disc brake, they all look like my current set up with the bolt on fork leg bracket. 

This is the one I have which MMW make for SCK and LTH in Germany. Plus a photo of the clamp at the bottom, they do also supply an alternative weld-on bracket.20116B.thumb.jpg.931240cbd35b381b5f38059f896ce8c0.jpg

943331_10151600503796174_530796036_n.jpg

post-1567-1169380300.jpg

• Upvote 1