Stu aka S.Hanson #17

Looking 4 Extra long brake cable outer

Looking for one ser.3 rear brake cable outer that's about 2 inches longer than stock. If even longer, that's fine, I can cut it down. Anyone know where I can find one or a similar cable outer?

A lot of the replacements are actually too long. If you know what length you need I have a few that might work. All of them are grey.

• Upvote 1

It is on the center stand for the pictures, so the is more clearance when not on the center stand and the weight of the rider, but still I dont want to pass the rear brake through that

20190615_104357.jpg

20190615_104229.jpg

20190615_104217.jpg

It's super close, but does not hit while on the center stand,  but has good clearance when not on the center stand with a rider sitting on it. Thanks for looking. Checking for motorcycle , ATV  and emergency car brake cable. 

I think I have a solution. I have RD's as well as lambrettas. Just dug through rd cables and found an rd speedo cable with the ends cut off is very close to the lamb brake cable. Very stiff. The black cable with the lamb brake cable inner is the speedo cable, the grey is the original lamb rear brake cable. The speedo cable is thicker and stiffer than a p200 rear brake cable outer

20190616_105123.jpg

Also got turned on to these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EXTRA-LONG-ZINC-PLATED-STEEL-REAR-BRAKE-CABLE-FERRULE-FOR-LAMBRETTA-SCOOTERS/273743861543?hash=item3fbc67d727:g:kxcAAOSwJm9cfVoQ&redirect=mobile

Hopefully this will help someone

I was waiting to reply as this has been mentioned before, but most ‘better’ bicycle shops can custom make you a cable outer - they have the cool nipple installer that makes it look clean.  If you’re color matching you can generally bring them one that’s oversize and they can trim and ‘nipple’ it for a small fee (cash, 6 pack, etc.).

Jon, do you have the nipple thing at Jet200?

(Of course will be waiting for all the nipple jokes😀)

• Upvote 1

I’d look into making a cable to cable connector out of the little end caps and then cutting 2 brake outers to fit my needs.

• Upvote 1

I just read an article in one of the scooter magazines recently about a guy using a speedo cable housing for a rear brake cable housing.

I believe he's got some miles on it as well.

You would have enough length to suit your needs.

If you have one laying around take a look. 

• Upvote 1