Sign in to follow this  
mmaleh

Mix your own or premix

I have a stock LI150 S3 that just got finished a restoration.  No mods or anything. 

What do people suggest for fuel?  Pre-mix like you would put in a chain saw or small dirt bike or mix your own?  I know asking about premix might shun me forever but just looking for some advise.  😀

If you do mix your own what ratio is suggested and any lubrication preference?  I believe LI 150 is 2% ?  

I do 3% with a good synthetic or semi-synthetic 2 stroke oil (made for motorcycles) I also try to use non-oxy gas when I can,  I have a 5 gallon can I keep at home.  But also stick a mixing cup and oil in your glovebox for when you need to fill up while you're out and about. 

1 hour ago, matty said:

I do 3% with a good synthetic or semi-synthetic 2 stroke oil (made for motorcycles) I also try to use non-oxy gas when I can,  I have a 5 gallon can I keep at home.  But also stick a mixing cup and oil in your glovebox for when you need to fill up while you're out and about. 

yep, I like to keep a 2 and 5 gallon tank around to premix in to them. if im out an about a need to hit a gas station, ill use a premix and small bottle of oil. 3% amesoil dominator

12 hours ago, matty said:

11 hours ago, scooterhauler said:

yep, I like to keep a 2 and 5 gallon tank around to premix in to them. if im out an about a need to hit a gas station, ill use a premix and small bottle of oil. 3% amesoil dominator

Same here, 5 gal can of premix Yamalube at 32:1 and bring my mix cup with a bottle of oil when I’m on a ride.