Sign in to follow this  
2Tony

straightening center stand

Anyone have advice on straightening a center stand (the kickstart side seems to be bent outward, making the bike lean right). It is chrome, so I prefer not to just replace it.

AND....if you have a tip for doing it while on the bike (hit with sledgehammer?), that's even better! :)

Doing it on the scoot could be risky and imprecise and a sledgehammer would probably transmit too much force through to the floorboard brackets. It might be worth checking the floor brackets too to make sure that those aren't your problem (the Sticky has a section). 

If it is the stand, remove and bolt to something super solid and use a length of iron pipe sleeved over the leg to the point were you want the leg to bend and wrap any contact points to protect the chrome. The left leg might require a large pipe to pass over the spring boss - inserting halfway could result in a bend in the wrong location. You'll probably have to remove the foot.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I've tried to straighten a stand using the length of iron sleeve (fencepost) method.  You can't.  It flexes in the middle.  Perhaps you could do it with it the stand in a vice, but probably not.  The repop scootopia stands are top notch.

Clint

• Upvote 1

Yup,I’ll second the Scootopia stands.  I replaced my Tv1 that was bent and u will never get it perfect.  Now the scoot sits proper as the same with Clint’s Sx.  

• Upvote 1