Beth Willis

Pondering next steps with a 1952 125 C

Hi Lambretta fiends, mad men/women…

We have a 1952 Lambretta 125 C brought over from Brescia, Italy, approx. 25 years ago, disassembled in our luggage - believe it or not. We have since been moving this lovely creature from state to state, positioning it as a piece of art in the living room, always thinking that we would get around to restoring it one day.

We now are considering a move abroad and are wondering if it would be better to sell it to a loving Lambretta enthusiast, rather than continue to port it around the world. It is currently in Charlotte, NC and is essentially complete - we had it running at one point (though roughly), however that was at least 20 years ago.

We would be interested to hear any thoughts anyone has on this sweet little vehicle… you can see a few more pics here: http://happygods.com/1951-lambretta-125-c-consideration/ —  is it worth restoring? is it possible to restore? what would you estimate it take/cost to restore it? what is its current value unrestored? is it interesting to anyone to restore (we’d hate to see it parted out)?

We are quite fond of Lamby. Releasing her would be hard on the heart, though logically probably makes the most sense… what to do...

Thanks in advance for your two cents. 

IMG_5671.JPG

IMG_4507.JPG

• Upvote 1

Great looking ‘roller’ - one of my favorites.  Lots of great parts there, but I too hope you find a buyer to complete and ride it.  I’m towards the end of my moto ‘career’ and definitely not in the acquisition mode.  I would have been very interested 10 years ago.

I’ll start the value estimate at $1750-2500, maybe even more if those are original parts and it starts/runs/has decent compression.  I think you’d get the low end easily by parting it out, but like you said that would be sad.

Good luck with the sale.

(BLUSH) Yikes - thank you, Lambrettayeroc, for your eagle eye and knowledge of the D vs. the C. I'm embarrassed, yet happy to report that you are correct - it is clearly indicated on the frame 125 C. I've been living a lie  : )  I've not ever posted about it before and had never planned on selling it, so I also never thought to check for the frame imprint. 

Thanks also to you, ScottWally, for your kind words/input. It sounds like we are both moving past the time when having/restoring these beautiful beasts fits into the life plans. I'm holding strong to the hope that if we do move forward with selling, it will be to someone who wants to take on the challenge of keeping Lamby whole and loving it. 

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Please check your email for my message. Thanks.  

Edited by Lambrettayeroc
Spelling error

Thanks to John Walklate I understand that your engine was made in September 1950. He says the frame should be within a 400 tolerance of the engine number.  

• Upvote 1

I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a C being state side. You see a few d’s and the occasional b, e or f even. What ever you choose to do with it, it’s worth restoring and keeping together. You’ve come to the right place, there are folks here that will give you honest advice and are a wealth of info. 

If if you do decide to go the restore route, research research research who you’re dealing with. 

• Upvote 1

There is a Lambretta Lc in my neck of the woods.  It’s basically the body work version of the c.  Just like d/Ld.  Yes, do diligent research as Mike said.  Cool project 

• Upvote 1

looks to be original paint so if u did decide to restore I would do mechanicals, tires, forks, hub, and engine.  

• Upvote 2

There are at least 5 or 6 C I know of in Canada and the US. 

I got mine two years ago in Cleveland from POC Phil.  

Barry at SFSC has one for sale in his website too.  

• Upvote 1

typical Lambretta. As soon as I or someone says this never happens, doesn't exist etc etc someone comes up with 5 or 6 examples to the contrary! :d

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2