Sign in to follow this  
darbsclt

New to me - S2 Li150

I've probably made smarter decisions... but... in the midst of packing for a move to the sunshine state with my fiancee, a S2 came available locally and I just couldn't pass it up.  I'm told, over the last decade, it has passed through the hands of a couple club members; from Atlanta to Charlotte.  Now, it will make the trip with us to Florida & give me a project to work on once we settle in.

I don't have big resto plans for it right now.  First, I need to go through the VT registration process, then I'll give it a good going over and make sure it's safe and steady for my fiancee.  She's never ridden a scooter (only a motorcycle - and only enough to get her license endorsement).  I'll leave the paint & body as is for now and I'll decide about the engine after I've ridden it a little more.

IMG_5435.HEIC

Edit: I can't figure out how to insert a photo (I've only been successful in attaching it).

17 hours ago, darbsclt said:

I've probably made smarter decisions... but... in the midst of packing for a move to the sunshine state with my fiancee, a S2 came available locally and I just couldn't pass it up.  I'm told, over the last decade, it has passed through the hands of a couple club members; from Atlanta to Charlotte.  Now, it will make the trip with us to Florida & give me a project to work on once we settle in.

I don't have big resto plans for it right now.  First, I need to go through the VT registration process, then I'll give it a good going over and make sure it's safe and steady for my fiancee.  She's never ridden a scooter (only a motorcycle - and only enough to get her license endorsement).  I'll leave the paint & body as is for now and I'll decide about the engine after I've ridden it a little more.

IMG_5435.HEIC

Edit: I can't figure out how to insert a photo (I've only been successful in attaching it).

the forum doesn't support heic format so you'll need to convert them to jpg

https://heictojpg.com/

In the mean time, here's your photo. Looks like a good decision to me.

IMG_5435.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Mike...

Actually, I converted the file, but still couldn't insert it (I don't even have the "insert picture" option in the menu).  When I tried inserting it via a photo server link (like flicker, or Google) the links were pink highlighted and refused.  I figured it was a "permissions" issue with my profile, even though my membership is current.

Oh well...

On 1/3/2019 at 5:41 AM, darbsclt said:

Thanks Mike...

Actually, I converted the file, but still couldn't insert it (I don't even have the "insert picture" option in the menu).  When I tried inserting it via a photo server link (like flicker, or Google) the links were pink highlighted and refused.  I figured it was a "permissions" issue with my profile, even though my membership is current.

Oh well...

I doubt it’s a permissions problem, probably a browser issue. I don’t know what you’re using to get on the Internet but try another method and see if the problem is still there. I’ve always used chrome or safari and have not had any issues. 

If it does turn out to be a permissions issue then that needs to get fixed. Reach out to the club admins and have them take care of that. 

• Like 1