Sign in to follow this  
Dcrace

Center stand strut dilemma

So I get my TV175 frame back from a reputable car restoration shop I do work for locally, that I had  reweld my center stand strut correctly, and it is still not done right. He painted the whole frame as well which I wasn’t expecting! Good thing I had it all stripped down but I’m a little frustrated since this was done on trade and I have a good working relationship with them, and I don’t want to jeopardize it by going back and telling them it’s still not right. What would you guys do..... take it back or find someone else to do it right? I even gave them a good link on how it’s properly done with factory measurements, along with all the proper body work to make sure everything lined up correctly(said they checked it all ?). This is when I knew how to weld and paint myself!

Take it back to them and get is done right. 

If there is this “relationship” there that you say there is, it will get fixed how YOU want it. 

Take the loss and find a proper shop that can deal with Lambretta's. The more they try to fix it the worse it will be. 

Remember that paint hides a lot of sins, so I suspect that it was more of a cover up than a favor to paint your frame. Supplies and air compressors cost time and money.

There are some members in your greater area (Stan in TN comes to mind), maybe one of them can point you in the right direction. If you can't find someone you trust locally, 2nd Ave scooters in Phoenix AZ can fix that frame correctly no problem. The down side is it would require shipping and cash.

They did a good job, I just wasn’t there to oversee and make sure everything was done to specs. The frame is fine other than the center strut issue and he painted it just because it had nicks and scratches from previous owner. I know those shops can do it but it would be a task to ship it and I just want to get it back together so I can ride. I did talk to him today and he is going to make it right, with me being there to assist. All will be good but I may convince him to paint all 25 other parts while it’s apart. ?

40A8C54E-57AE-41F5-8E2A-3C9406F09C1A.jpeg

• Like 1