R_Andersen

Gear Compatibility

Hi all, i have a '64 LI 125 and need to replace the gear cluster and 3rd gear but I'm having trouble finding parts. 

Is it possible to replace the full set of 4 free gears and the gear cluster with a set from a different model Lambretta, such as an LI 150 gearset or something similar? These seem much more available and the gear ratios are similar.

I'm just not sure how interchangeable the gears are from the different models as long as I replace all of the gears together?

Thanks,
Rob

Gear boxes are easily swapped between bikes. Like you've seen the ratios are a little different and can be good or bad depending on what you're trying to achieve. 

I'm surprised you are having a hard time finding the right gear. The LI125 is a common box and not in high demand.

complete box

http://www.scooterrestorations.com/lambretta/li125-gear-box-innocenti-4-gears-and-cluster-used/

They don't list a loose 39 in stock but it couldn't hurt to email them and check.

I'll look this weekend. I have a bunch of loose gears.

Thanks so much for the help. I saw that set at scooter restorations but it's the early series 3 set. Mine is the late version. I've called all of the US based vendors too and so far no luck.

If you could check if you had any extras that would be awesome!

Thanks,

Rob