Sign in to follow this  
Mike Anhalt

Los Angles Dealer info 1950's

So this is a total long shot but I'm looking for any information on what dealers would have been around LA in the 50's. I know there were a lot of shops and the general practice was to sell anything on 2 wheels (not the specialty dealerships like today). I'm trying to piece together some history on my 57 MK3 and the original owner isn't much help apart from "it came out of LA". Maybe if I had some dealers names it might jog something loose and all that.

Hi Mike,

I Purchased a 1963 LI150 barn find more than 10 years ago that had a “Riverside FORDYCE” Dealer license plate frame on it.  It had the Origional Black California License Plate on it as well.

Will

Lake Tahoe

• Like 1

From what I’ve been able to piece together, pretty much any shop that could sell motorcycles/scooters did so. There was almost no brand loyalty unless you were buying from sears or MW (even then, there were lots of brands with the house brand attached to them)  

I have a Black plate style plate frame that came off a S1, it reads Riverside and scooterramma.