Graham Davis

Hotwire a series 3?

My recently acquired 1963 TV175 had the key broken off in the ignition switch when I got. The guy I got it from said the shop he took it to when the key broke off (the Batcave in SF) “fixed” it so he wouldn’t need a key to start it anymore. Starts no matter what position the ignition switch is on and I have to turn the gas off a block away from where I’m stopping so the engine will turn off when I reach my destination. Any ideas what might have been done and what I can try to undo to get it back to its original on/off state?

A42595DE-0ED6-4B5D-A5BE-0AEE9D0BF95E.jpeg

63AF0569-F63D-4BD8-9E9D-53161C99A9CE.jpeg

I see in your previous post a green wire not connected. That goes to the ignition coil and into the keyed switch. Hook that up to your ignition coil and you will solve your riddle. 

5 hours ago, Graham Davis said:

I was told that Casa Lambretta makes a switch that works with AC or DC. Has anyone used one on a bike with a battery?

Actual AC or DC electricity will work the same on any switch. The difference is how many positions the switch has and what wires are connected on which position. In this case it would be helpful to have someone (local to you) with some experience in electrical and Lambrettas show you how it works.

SFSC or Christopher Ward both come to mind and would be able to sort you out.