Ok. I noticed the wire in the picture was not connected to anything. It looks like it might connect to the coil, but....

it’s a 1963 TV175 with a 6 volt battery. It starts and runs and the tail/brake light is the only thing that doesn’t work (the horn is missing - let me know if you have an extra...)

A347D384-A900-4B28-8DB2-664973C04668.jpeg

My TV175 had the hey broken off in the ignition switch when I got it (aftermarket switch). I would start with the key in any position when I turned it with a screwdriver and there was no “kill” switch or key position to stop the engine. I put a new switch in today and the only difference is I can use a key instead of a screwdriver.  Could the loose wire be what is causing the scooter to always be “hotwired”? 

Ive included a picture of the new switch wires. There was a super long piggy-back grey wire attached to the brown wire. Any help is appreciated. 

518A7346-7528-499E-8953-A9CC54DF9594.jpeg

That long one is a brown with w grey sheeting on it. Not to be confused with an actual grey wire that is in some looms and switches.

Usually by following the colors you can be OK but it's always better to get in there with a volt meter and ring out the switch to make sure it is correct.

Orange, black and brown I think are position 3

Black, purple and yellow are position 2

Nothing on 1

Pink and green are connected when the key is in position 0

If its a battery bike then position -1 is the same as position 2

YMMV, ring it out to be sure

Also use a battery charger to test the loom and connections so you don't have to have the bike running the whole time.

I test with a 9v battery (smoke detector kind) super light and simple and not enough current to ruin anything. 

I would bet that the green wire in the headset is shorted somewhere so it is disconnected. The new green jumper in the junction box goes direct to the coil from the wire to the stator. So, the green in the headset/harness isn't connected to anything...