Graham Davis

New member in SF Bay Area

Hello,

I found my first Lambretta (a 1966 Li150 Silver Special) laying on its side under a pile of leaves near my house. I paid $400 for it, pushed it out to the street, put some gas in it and scraped the tip of the spark plug on the sidewalk, then fired it up and rode it home. 

Years after selling it, I bought a LI 150 for $1200 and enjoyed it for a few summers. 

I moved on to vintage motorcycles after that, but always had a fondness for the smell of two-stroke smoke. 

After looking for another scooter for a while, I ended up buying a V3$p@ Rally 200 (all the labrettas for sale locally were either too expensive, or too rough). 

Last week, a friend who had his dad’s 1965 TV175 sitting in storage for 20 years said he was getting rid of stuff and wondered it the scooter could find a home in my garage. I quickly agreed. 

So, here I go again!

B9EA1696-E3C2-4484-916E-ED27F4A1DB5D.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Hey Graham! What’s the plan for getting it back on the road? Full engine rebuild or run it until a seal blows? 

Everyone welcome LCUSA's newest member to the club. Although we all know there is no such thing as a free Lambretta... We got his stock throttle loose yesterday. Now it's off to the races.

Anyone have an extra front fender?

IMG_3539.JPG

IMG_3540.JPG

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Damn fine steed! And welcome to the world's finest motorscooter club!

I've seen people actually do a pretty swell job repairing those fiberglass fenders. Might be worth a shot least.

I’ve already had it running, briefly...I’d definitely like to ride it around the block a few times before tearing it all apart. Baby steps out of the garage, baby steps to the corner, baby steps to the LALO ride in SF... ???

F1E6322E-FA6D-46C2-8B08-341E720939D8.jpeg

1E5E726F-1C9F-401C-8A81-A6B06AE74257.jpeg

Looked at the frame and engine numbers - looks like the frame is 1963, but does the engine number mean it’s a TV200? It’s badged as a TV175...

That is a 175 motor... I know the 62's had the /2 designation, I am not sure of the newer 175's...

@upjetter

no kidding. 

So far, the big-ticket item was a new seat cover, followed by two new tires....I’ve got a long list of shit I’d like to buy, but also have a $200-a-week food addiction (aka 2 kids) ?

513493D4-40A9-4C01-A536-7E2495C0DE21.png

congrats on such a find. well worth the money you have spent so far.

Always remember, as a general rule, better to pay more and do it once! There are cheap parts out there, but there is often a reason why they are cheap.

I have some original footboard strips that would not look out of place on there.

I'm in San Jose.