gone

Installing new fork bearing races (top)

Has anyone noticed problems installing the top races w/bearing and finding that there are not enough threads to install it all? I put a new set of Scootopia Lambretta S3 upper fork bearings in, and there isn't enouugh threads to also accommodate the locking washer. This is the original fork to the scooter.

4 hours ago, Mike Anhalt said:

Do you have a Non-chrome ring race in a Chrome ring frame? That's about the only way I could see that happening.

This is on a Jet.

Serveta frame needs Serveta forks. 

Are the forks Serveta?

Serveta are longer than all others. 

Dimensions of forks  are in handy links thread. 

Last time I used the Scootopia bearing race kit it did have both non and chrome ring races in the kit.  Are the bottom bearings getting caught up?  

i would try installing it without the bearings in the races and see if that gives you clearance or not. 

10 hours ago, upjettr said:

Obviously, that would since the bearings would be out.

no shit, but since there's only 3 things that could influence this: the bearing, the races or the fork. since the Forks are OG, removing the bearings will let you judge if the races are the problem or the bearing. 

1 hour ago, DerekM said:

no shit, but since there's only 3 things that could influence this: the bearing, the races or the fork. since the Forks are OG, removing the bearings will let you judge if the races are the problem or the bearing. 

Do you mean, to see if the fork goes up higher than just the distance the bearing is? My brain hurts. I'm baffled by this.

exactly. bearings out, how much room do you have on the threads? if you are still short you got a problem with your races (or Fork, measure that shit to be sure). otherwise your bearings are the problem.

Just installed a set of scootopia bearings and races with this problem. The lower bearing race/bearing fit is off causing a larger space at the bottom of the fork. Fortunately I swapped some of the parts with OG parts and was able to complete the install. This is the first issue I’ve had with scootopia parts, and still very pleased with all of their gear.