Mike Anhalt

Mystery crankshaft

I have a motor rebuild in the garage that came out of Italy. The crank looks like it was one of the ones from a few years back where the flywheel bearing race would just slide on/off. Basically over machined on the flywheel side.

Does any one remember who made those bad cranks and has anyone come up with a reasonable solution to this problem?

AB1A0648-247A-43C9-820B-2AF82E736EAD.mp4

1 hour ago, DerekM said:

BGM? Upjettr had this issue.

That sounds right to me. Unfortunately there are no markings on this crank or even the bearing. It looks like it has a MECEU rod and some balancing weights but that's all.

Mike,

I had the very same problem on a V#spa engine some time ago and used Loctite 660 when fitting the sleeve, obviously things need to be clean and care taken, but worked out ok.

17B877E7-6026-4798-8CD6-5BB506F37933.jpeg

Yep. Itwas a BGM crankshaft. SCK didn’t ever help out with it. I sent multiple messages to Phillip at SCK and never got dick. Aftr the first crankshaft twisted and then the over-machined crank, I had $1100 in BGM crankshafts shit on me. 

Fuck SCK. 

On 11/3/2017 at 5:59 PM, upjettr said:

CKYep. Itwas a BGM crankshaft. SCK didn’t ever help out with it. I sent multiple messages to Phillip at SCK and never got dick. Aftr the first crankshaft twisted and then the over-machined crank, I had $1100 in BGM crankshafts shit on me. 

Fuck SCK. 

That’s weird. I had the exact opposite response from SCK last time I had a parts issue. Granted it was a minor clutch problem but they jumped on it quick.