theageofindustry

Show us your winter projects!

I have been trying to focus on improving my existing fleet instead of bringing more stuff in to build so no full blown projects for me this winter.

Help me live vicariously through everyone else's projects by posting up what you are working on.

1960 Series 2 265cc
- CasaCase, Cyclone 5, Octopus Rear Hub, Improved fan, Casa gear end plate, Casa fan cover, Casa Electronic Kit
- When available - Top end, side cover, clutch and exhaust
- Casa Double Disc front end, BGM Shocks (F&R), New Casa Ancilotti seat, Jet200 Tank, SIP Speedo
- Full fiberglass body parts from Chris at GRP (loop is metal :))

Slight mods - welding up toolbox door, removed the lip from gas door and opened it slightly

Will be Subaru Desert Khaki with mostly silver and black accents.

Basically all the money people wanted me to invest in the SX is going into the bass boat.
Aiming for completion by summer 18. The SX will be pissed.

Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 7.36.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 7.37.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 7.38.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 7.39.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 7.40.43 AM.png

• Like 5
  • Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Stu aka S.Hanson #17 said:

What the hell. I tried to get Chris at GRP to sell me parts. He seems to always be busy.... Been waiting for 4 to 6 months.... Awesome build. Love it

Yep, same here! I tried to order that same glovebox (which I persuaded the original owner to have Chris at GOT make a mold of!) and have been basically begging him for it for lile 3 years. I eventually gave up and sold the scooter.

All that said, this is quite possibly the most exciting scooter project I have ever seen stateside. Absolutely incredible!

Yeah I feel your pain with Chris, it was a 6 month wait for me on parts, but worth it as his work is sounds.
The inserts for the side covers were too long, so needed to be grinded down (tricky as you can't grind
long without the fiberglass heating up). I was fortunate to have Jon help me with that as I worked on other
aspects. Also, I'm not thrilled with how he did the horncover horn insert, but not going to lose sleep on it.

Otherwise all fit has been great, his areas for drilling are spot on and I think minimal work to maybe
mate up the legshield and rear floorboards. Also I intended to use Chris's seat but getting him to fab it in the UK
was just not going to work out, so fuck it, I'll do the new Ancilotti as it's close to what I wanted (long and low).

It's just a shame Stu that he couldn't work with getting what you wanted in my order being sent to Jet200.

And thanks for the kind thoughts Peter, I could literally buy a new car with what I'm putting into this bike.
But then that car couldn't smoke the weekend Harley riders I intend to make cry around Boulder.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Fred, which ignition will you be using on your SSR/T250 build  on the Casa Case? When I ordered my Casa Case for the 250, they explained there had to be a nearly 40 degree offset in the Casatronic stator plate. I decided to let them machine it for me and install it before shipping to me. They said in the future they will either be charging a small labor fee for converting the Casatronic ignitions for use with the 250 kits. I surely hope I didn’t garble this information, but I think I mostly got it right.

I got word that the clutches, side case, and SSR/T250 kits won’t be ready until December. Sadly, I’ve got concerns that Casa will hit this target delivery date, based on other release dates mentioned in the past, and will be extremely disappointed if I am unable to complete this engine and associated build by Lambretta Jamboree Seattle. You and I are doing the same build, basically.

Fred - did you see the post just made by Casa Performance? The side cases and clutches will be available for purchase in about two weeks.

'59 S1.  My hope is to get started doing something on it.  Current plan is possibly a Gori 200cc top end.  And by the end of winter, hopefully I won't need baby wipes either...

20171014_094819.thumb.jpg.5141b61771ed6658d8d8cf27b98cea59.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1964 Li 125 - rt195, 60mm stroke crank, reedvalve, lightened flywheel,  30mm keihin,  rayspeed close ratio gearbox, 5plate clutch

Was building for Solerunner1's race invitational. Now it's going to be just one more for the stable... Want that fiberglass bodywork for it

20171015_114224.jpg

20171015_114559.jpg

• Upvote 4

Upjettr,

News to me on the casa electronic beyond mounted so oddly. I’ll have to check the cases when I work on it next Sunday. I know they already ported it for the 250 kit.

On the side cases and clutches, I assumed this was the preproduction run but I’ll be happy to be surprised by getting anything newer than the spring.

morgan

I picked up a li 125 project from Kieran in Florida this year that belonged to the Florida lambretta rider who was hit and killed on his TV.  Powdercoating the body and putting in a 125 engine i am running in another bike and getting it back on the road. 

Also rebuilding a Jet200 SX engine to 5-speed, 58/110, RT 225 solepower reed valve. kit for the ride up to the jammy. 

i'm hoping for a productive winter, as i'm typically slow with these things.

On 10/25/2017 at 4:10 AM, upjettr said:

Next is the Casa Case scooter. 1967 Lambretta Li150.

48CEFBC6-0C22-4855-A979-011EDB9441EA.jpeg

I wanna call it the casa cooter 

Derek, usually I install the fork bearing races, especially the difficult lower cone, before putting the rest of it together.

Late to the thread but I've seen Morgan aka Freds project at Jet and yea it looks sick AF....that being said my winter project is more along the lines of his SX...its a 1970 Jersey City police DL150 with ample rust that'll get put back together exactly as it came to me aside from all new hardware. Front end is done as well as centerstand and rear brake pedal.....engine is half torn apart now and will probably be dropped soon. 

20171201_072341.jpg

Message_1509839860697.jpg

20170829_095750.jpg

20170827_190216.jpg

• Upvote 4

When I bought my TV in 95 the guy threw this LI150 in for parts. It had been rear ended by a truck and the frame loop was mashed at the back to the point the rear wheel wouldn't turn. I started this project in about 96 then had four kids and never finished it. Just pulled all the parts out and spending some time dry building and moving foot pegs, etc. It's fun but I'll probably never ride it more than ten miles as it will kill my back. :). My dad came over from the UK back in the 90's and I had him bring the Beedspeed twisted forks with him. I doubt he would be able to now post 911.

Come on, let me have it... "How could you do that to a Lambretta frame!" Really, the thing was toast. Now it will be ridden again, somewhat.

24174358_10215560086899506_5244630877923676994_n.jpg

24174652_1465512320170187_566808813857425995_n.jpg

24131168_10215559377201764_1969018527983035174_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3