Sign in to follow this  
matty

Stay Safe Kieran!

Hope you and others in Florida have a safe and uneventful weekend. 

it's stressful.. I did a lot today and should be done by tomorrow.  rains and winds come tomorrow and the Irma passing is Sunday middle of the night / Monday morning.

Well I was kinda like “it will pass by and not really hit”…. Then on Friday I started to board up the windows and got serious.  Saturday moved scooters and some garage stuff to higher ground – tightened down anything in the yard that could move, and finished boarding up the house.   I also cut down some limbs that were close to the house.  All said and done I felt good – except my roof is old and I figured it would have issues.  But I had to leave Tampa since the roads were getting crazy. I went to Orlando to stay with a friend since it wasn’t going to be as bad over there….

It was rainy and windy but it was do-able. A mutual friend and Lambretta guy ran over there and got me to pass time we stripped down his motor. Had to get creative sine he did not have the correct tools – see pics.  But my pal’s place where I was staying lost  power so… went to sleep early . Orlando got a severe tropical storm after all and most places in Orlando lost power.

We got up and waited for the winds to die down jumped in the truck and dodged debris in the road to get home.  Turns out I had limbs down and a messy yard. My door get swollen up with the sideways rain. So I had to fix that.  But overall I was a-ok.  Spent the next 2 days getting it all back to normal.

Other folks just got power back last weekend.  I never lost power it at all. So I can’t complain.  Most of the FL folks I know did ok – just inconvenienced.   Now Naples FL – They got smashed!  Terrible.

Heck – Mexico and Puerto Rico… just sad - I thank my lucky stars!

Thanks for all the well wishing that you guys sent me.

IMG_7466[1].JPG

IMG_7467[1].JPG

Glad to hear it. Clever work with that crescent wrench. Not sure I would have tried to hold the clutch spider with that but the compressor trick is a good one.