Sign in to follow this  
DerekM

Long Range Storage options

Planning a long range trip, one up, and i'm wondering what is out there for storage options? I'm planning on the under panel storage for oil, a rear rack for a spare tire and luggage, and am looking at options for pannier bags or a legshield bag. I have moto panniers and tank bag, but would like to see if there are lambretta specific solutions already. 

There are not Lambretta specific options that result in any meaningful space. 

You've seen the panniers that I use. Get something similar. They hold a lot and keep the load towards the center of the scooter.then you can loop a backpack on the inside of the leg shield. If you need more spacep than that you are taking too much.

Dude, corazzo makes awesome luggage bags for any motorcycle.

saddle bag style, top straps lay under the seat, and seems to have good amount of storage room

Good luck trying to find them on the 1998 version of the website. Corazzo.net?

Black on black on black - It's right there!

Not rigid. Looks like it lacks any padding or structural support. Only 15 inces long, which is tiny. Look to be used as temporary temporary - as in you have to take all your gym clothes home at once. Put a Lambretta crankshaft in there and let it bounce against your body work as you drive on a bumpy road and your shit is fucked.

Rigidity/structure is definitely key, can't have oil or gas tanks banging around. This is for the jammy next year, planning on riding up. 

If Moto bags are the way to go, I'll stick with my existing set and look at getting a good bag to use as a legshield bag. 

Bag for the rear rack. Bag behind the legshield. That's all you need. All your weight is right down the middle that way.

• Like 1

The pictures above are of my Gone Camping set-up. For a long touring set-up where I'm staying at a hotel, I will have ONLY the saddle bags and a backpack set up to be inside my legshield. But for the ride to Seattle, I'll havean aluminum upright fuel tank inside my legshield and an inline spare tire since I am running Casa tubeless rims, whereas normally I would just take an extra tube. The inline tire will be where I am keeping my dual battery set-up for my AiM Mychron and accessory power. This means I can't take an inside the legshield bag. I'll likely just go light as possible and if it doesn't fit in the saddle bags, it doesn't go.

The rout will be about 1100 miles, so I'll need to carry a lot of oil. We aren't messing with a big group of people riding, just three scooters, so we'll likely make good time. Unless Carmona does something stupid like ride his S2. 

I hear that Tino Saacchii (can't ever figure out how many letter are actually in his name, so I put some extra) is going to have an engine built for him in LA and then ride up, so there will be some long distance riders for sure. Let's hope we all make it. The three of us out of SF are going on engines we built ourselves, so we'll cross our fingers...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

That's it I am riding my bone stock TV2. I am not bringing shit besides my toothbrush, oil, some weed, and my tools. I'll be wearing the same underwear all week.

You’ll be disappointed and frustrated if you ride a stock bike where we are going.