Andrew ITA

LUI/VEGA conversion to J125 4M

Hi, has anybody ever done a similar swap? 

I'm not talking about gutting a  J125 3M and put it into a VEGA case, I mean an entire engine swap taking a J125 4M complete engine and install it into a VEGA frame. 

I'm about to start the project, I've already sourced a J125 4M engine complete of everything except hub and rim. I modified the rear shock attachment point already.

I'm just trying to figure out what else I will have to tackle

I have a set of hubs (front and rear) NOS if you need them.

In theory they should swap but you'll want to make some measurements first.

Hi, I'll probably need the rear hub and a rim but first I want to see if there's a way to fit a LUI layshaft into the J...the engine is in Italy, I'm trying to get everything ready before I get there because I'll be on a tight timeline...\

Thanks I'll do some research on the parts books and will let you know for sure!

You use the Vega hubs on the conversion. You actually use the Vega lay shaft. It's the gearbox, crank, cylinder, barrel, head that you change. Depending on the model of Vega, you may also have to change the mag housing too (roller bearing and needle bearing variants).

If you put the engine in, then the rear shock mounts are different, so you now get into modifications on that.

• Upvote 1