Anthony

Lammy Jammy 2018 Seattle

On 6/7/2017 at 4:50 AM, Mickey Williams said:

The shear number of rides in this part of the country is staggering. Plus the city is a cornucopia of things to do and see with many higher up on the weird/cool meter. Also there is arguably one of the best soul nights in the states and one of the prettiest scooter clubs around (LGG).

Oggl_0042.jpg

Anyone who can work "cornucopia" into their pitch has my vote!

• Upvote 3

Please try to make it the weekend before or the weekend after the 4th of July. If possible.

So I have a couple questions about being able to ride into Canada. So obviously we need a passport, what about someone who has a criminal record? Dui or anything like that? do they not let you into Canada?  A bunch of us want to come early and ride across the border, we just want to make sure we can and not leave anyone behind.

If you have had a DUI you must request a visa, in advance, from the Canadian government. If you are a convicted felon or have a domestic abuse conviction, you must make the request in advance as well. You won't be able to just roll through. I know this from personal experience.

Also know that Seattle is 2+ hours from the border IF you are comfortable riding on I-5. Otherwise it's even longer.

Someone said we could ride and get on a ferry and go to Canada.  Is that an option? 

6 hours ago, siobhan ellis said:

did you come to a decision yet?

Still waiting to lock in the date. I apologize that we don't have a firm date yet, but we will very soon.

7 hours ago, SteveT said:

So I have a couple questions about being able to ride into Canada. So obviously we need a passport, what about someone who has a criminal record? Dui or anything like that? do they not let you into Canada?  A bunch of us want to come early and ride across the border, we just want to make sure we can and not leave anyone behind.

Upjetter is right, you need to request in advance. Typically if you've had a DUI within five years they won't let you in the country.

6 minutes ago, SteveT said:

Someone said we could ride and get on a ferry and go to Canada.  Is that an option? 

Yes, you take a nice long ride out to Port Angeles and catch the Black Ball Ferry to Victoria BC.

14 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Yes, you take a nice long ride out to Port Angeles and catch the Black Ball Ferry to Victoria BC.

Riding around Victoria is a lot of fun. Nice twisties on the out skirts.

To get to Vancouver Island you can take the Mukilteo ferry (get there via Hwy 99), ride up Whidbey Island to Anacortes (a GREAT little 2 lane highway) and then take the spectacular Friday Harbor ferry to N. Victoria.  Fairly easy and no I-5.  I plan to do this before or after the rally depending on the dates and itinerary. (We have relatives on Whidbey.) I plan to then ride across Vancouver Island from Nanaimo to Tofino/Ucluelet.

On 8/1/2017 at 4:19 PM, Anthony said:

Still waiting to lock in the date. I apologize that we don't have a firm date yet, but we will very soon.

Upjetter is right, you need to request in advance. Typically if you've had a DUI within five years they won't let you in the country.

That Black Ball ferry is pricey compared to the route I'm taking, but I love that way too.  Bainbridge Island ferry from downtown Seattle then decent speed highways to Port Angeles.  Doable, but there are some speedy areas on the way.

If you didn't want to do the 'north' route I'm taking, but still wanted to avoid downtown Seattle, one could take the Mukilteo ferry to Whidbey, then the Port Townsend ferry off west Whidbey towards Sequim and eventually Port Angeles.

I am stoked for this rally! 

Folks! We decided on a date! It will be July 19-22, 2018 in Seattle.

Lots and lots of details to follow. The hotel we picked only has 73 rooms and Seattle is quite expensive so we will propose to get your rooms early. We have also been thinking through the rides and logistics and think we will have a great program and wonderful rides.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

On 8/3/2017 at 3:10 PM, ScottWally said:

That Black Ball ferry is pricey compared to the route I'm taking, but I love that way too.  Bainbridge Island ferry from downtown Seattle then decent speed highways to Port Angeles.  Doable, but there are some speedy areas on the way.

If you didn't want to do the 'north' route I'm taking, but still wanted to avoid downtown Seattle, one could take the Mukilteo ferry to Whidbey, then the Port Townsend ferry off west Whidbey towards Sequim and eventually Port Angeles.

I am stoked for this rally! 

There is a few great rides that really never exceed 45 mph from Seattle to Port Angeles (my hometown) and takes about three hours from ferry to ferry. Also the ride from Seattle to Vancouver can be done under 55 mph but from Anthony and my recent experiences, can get a bit monotonous and takes about 5+ hours. Coming back post Vancouver Rally, we just bombed down I5 doing 70 mph most the way.

On 9/1/2017 at 9:50 PM, Lutz Gerhard said:

Folks! We decided on a date! It will be July 19-22, 2018 in Seattle.

Lots and lots of details to follow. The hotel we picked only has 73 rooms and Seattle is quite expensive so we will propose to get your rooms early. We have also been thinking through the rides and logistics and think we will have a great program and wonderful rides.

I am sure that there will also be other hotels nearby as to not freak people out about the rooms quantity.

• Upvote 1

For those riding from the south, what route are you taking and how much time are you allowing?

I mapped it staying off I5 and am looking at about 1353 miles (101 all the way) from Bakersfield. That's 28 hours by car.

You'd have to go farther south than me. Tino is riding from LA and there are the Long Beach people to look out for.

Start in TJ?

On 6/17/2017 at 0:28 PM, Skippy said:

Anyone who can work "cornucopia" into their pitch has my vote!

What about spelling sheer wrong?