Anthony

Lammy Jammy 2018 Seattle

Thee Lambretta Club would like to present our submission for Lambretta Jamboree 2018 in Seattle.

Members of our club have participated in planning rallies here in Seattle for decades as members of LGG, VCOS, R-Gang, and several other local clubs. From AmeriV3$p@, to Scooter Insanity or Meant to Offend.

• Upvote 12

I'd just like to say Good Luck guys. I'm happy who ever wins, as if you do.... I get to ride up to Seattle :-)

• Upvote 2

I'd like to wish the Santa Cruz contingent good luck as well. Whichever bid is chosen, I'm certain will be a great event. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Anthony said:

That's okay, there are a couple of targa twins up here too. 

right then, I'll pack away my Misano. :-D

5 hours ago, netweasel said:

Seattle has a Lamby Polo, Santa Cruz does not. Do we even need a vote? hahaha

Daaaamn! I only know about 1 other Polo stateside and it's in pieces in Kieran's garage.

Mate that to Siohban's Targa and that's a fine ass steed right there.

Yes. Originally API was part of SIL but pulled out. sIL got world rights to the Lambretta name so API had to change the name of their products to Lamby. This was their last attempt to make an S2 look current

4 hours ago, siobhan ellis said:

Yes. Originally API was part of SIL but pulled out. sIL got world rights to the Lambretta name so API had to change the name of their products to Lamby. This was their last attempt to make an S2 look current

No. API was never part of SIL. API was it's own company and existed before SIL. API originally assembled scooters from Innocenti parts before they started their own licensed factory.  SIL was formed when the Indian government bought the factory and rights from Innocenti after they stopped producing scooters. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, netweasel said:

No. API was never part of SIL. API was it's own company and existed before SIL. API originally assembled scooters from Innocenti parts before they started their own licensed factory.  SIL was formed when the Indian government bought the factory and rights from Innocenti after they stopped producing scooters. 

But API negotiated the deal for the Lambretta factory. It's my understanding that the parties involved (government and investors) screwed API out of the deal and setup SIL instead and cancelled their right to use the Lambretta name anymore.

So without API we would not have SIL.

Anyway, as with all API's after the shaft driven and S1 models, it's essentially just a S2. The Polo was designed through a partnership with a company in Japan but I can't remember who that is right now. 

The sheer number of rides in this part of the country is staggering. Plus the city is a cornucopia of things to do and see with many higher up on the weird/cool meter. Also there is arguably one of the best soul nights in the states and one of the prettiest scooter clubs around (LGG).

Oggl_0042.jpg

Edited by Mickey Williams
  • Upvote 2

I mean, come on. Santa Cruz is doesn't compare to Seattle.

You want city rides? We've got that. You want mountain rides? Got that too. You want camping? there is an RV park 2 miles away from the hotel. Want eat pie at the Twin Peaks Dinner? Of course you do. Want to visit the final resting place of Jimmy Hendrix, or Bruce and Brandon Lee?  Let's do it!

The great thing about Seattle is it's proximity to so many great places to ride and interesting things to see.

VOTE SEATTLE!

Road to Mt Rainier.jpg

Seattle Mt Rainier View.jpg

Snoqualmie Falls (1).jpg

RV Park.jpg

Scenic Drives.jpg

Twin Peaks Diner.jpg

Jimmy Hendrix Grave.jpg

Bruce Lee Grave.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

oh, but are you offering 660 miles of 2 days of riding in the area before your event? We are! Amazing countryside on the California cost, and up in the mountains... all at a temperature you'll enjoy.... instead of freezing your nuts off!

The average temperature for Seattle in July is 75-80 degrees. No nuts will be frozen. You'll see for yourself when you visit for next years jamboree. 

• Upvote 3