bike keeps dying and weird shit happening

broke the headset and had that welded back together since then it will kick start up first time, i have ridden it for 40 miles or 5 or 6 miles when riding it starts jerking like it is not getting fuel or something is catching first time it did this  it carried on running and i did the whole SLO ride which is around 80+ miles however  over the last few weeks it has died then it wont kick start straight away almost like it is flooded. the weird thing now is i tried to jump start it as i was on the freeway in second with clutch pulled in it doesn't want to roll. tried it at home same thing. here is the odd part if i kick the engine and its running it will roll clear in gear with clutch pulled in. 

any ideas

Sounds like multiple issues Marcus, check your carb first?

4 hours ago, Andrew ITA said:

Did the problems start only after you welded it?

After the weld

Carb seems fine me and nick put new clutch plates on and rejeted the carb  I'll take another look at it

6 hours ago, Stu said:

It does sound like a few issues.  The clutch/rolling the bike almost sounds like a chipped gear tooth. 

thanks sounds like i am going to have to go through the whole engine then

You may have several things going on but since the issues appeared after welding, I'd start with testing the electrical stuff, condenser, coil and rectifier if you are running one. Especially if you left the electrical system plugged in when welding, weird stuff can easily happen.  Especially coils and condensers, when they are about to die usually display the symptoms you were mentioning, work ok for few miles until they start heating up then you have all sorts of funky stuff going on, almost like fuel starvation/sputtering until they cut off

1 hour ago, Andrew ITA said:

You may have several things going on but since the issues appeared after welding, I'd start with testing the electrical stuff, condenser, coil and rectifier if you are running one. Especially if you left the electrical system plugged in when welding, weird stuff can easily happen.  Especially coils and condensers, when they are about to die usually display the symptoms you were mentioning, work ok for few miles until they start heating up then you have all sorts of funky stuff going on, almost like fuel starvation/sputtering until they cut off

that pretty much sounds like what is happening. The headset was taken of the scoot for the weld and was done by dean.

thanks for the input