nicyoung

Thinking about selling my Series 1 Li 150

I am, sadly, thinking about selling my 1958 Series 1 Li 150.

This machine has been stripped down and rebuilt, including a professional engine rebuild by a local Dallas guy. No issues with the engine. Frame and body taken apart sandblasted, primed etc. however I couldn't afford a pro body work and paint job so just did the rattle can thing. Since it has had a few dings etc. 

Basically ridable as is, potential project...

Comes with extra parts etc. 

I need to clean it up a little for current pics, and will post soon. You can search my previous posts here for history.

My question is... What is a reasonable asking price?

N

Framebreather with its funky airbox, or regular airbox in between the glovebox and fuel tank? Standard 150 motor ? How was the original paint under the spray paint? New body gaskets and rubber?

3 hours ago, Stu said:

Framebreather with its funky airbox, or regular airbox in between the glovebox and fuel tank? Standard 150 motor ? How was the original paint under the spray paint? New body gaskets and rubber?

Regular airbox, 150 motor but with long barrel, (still have the original short barrel) had been repainted many times ands was sandblasted back to bare metal. New gaskets and rubber.

Body has taken a bit of a beating since this photo, also changed to a regular seat in beige. Have the original seat frames but not the covers.

15673471685_9195a276d5_b.jpg

• Upvote 2

I've seen similar stuff $3200 to $4200. Everything looks straight, they are rare and becoming desirable. East coast or west coast sale? I think they pay more out west. Looks good. 

Wow.  Scoot looks nice!  Not what I pictured from your first description. 

On 4/18/2017 at 8:00 PM, mapsail said:

Wow.  Scoot looks nice!  Not what I pictured from your first description. 

Yeah it doesn't look that good now. The rattle can paint job isn't holding up and it has some scraps and dings.

UPDATE

So my series 1 has been sitting parked for over a year. I have someone who is potentially interested in buying. I did a very cursory clean up this morning, took photos, started it up etc. it has cosmetic issues but is solid. I am probably into it for around $5.000, I know I cannot recoup that kind of money, what is the opinion as to the current value?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d0h1x2bvtsvud2d/AAAGVwlNwlVj4KMWKXytiyCGa?dl=0

Thanks,

Nick

I would say $3000. That thing is waaay rougher than what I thought it would be. However, it is a S1 and they are rare and desirable. At this point you can only get less for it. Sorry it sounds like a tough assessment, as I’m not trying to rag on it. 

provided it’s titled, complete and running that sounds fairish. Still going to be tough to find a buyer at that price but they are out there. 

The better option would be to trade it for something else you want and don’t focus on the $ spent. 

3 hours ago, Mike Anhalt said:

provided it’s titled, complete and running that sounds fairish. Still going to be tough to find a buyer at that price but they are out there. 

The better option would be to trade it for something else you want and don’t focus on the $ spent. 

Mike, which price are you referring to?

2 hours ago, upjettr said:

Mike, which price are you referring to?

Yours. 3k for a complete, titled and running LI is not bad provided the rest of it is in good shape.

This S1 of course has some cosmetic issues but the rest of it sounds good.

If it was a 125 I'd be tempted (so I could have one of each in the 125 range).

Hi Nick,

You have a great Lambretta Series 1 Li150.

I am not a cheap skate and I am not trying to insult you or your scooter. However, knowing how much I would have to pay for shipping to Santa Barbara, CA and that I would have to spend quite a bit of time and money going over a lot of the body work and paint to restore the scooter to proper condition, I am willing to give you $2,000.00 for the series 1 Li150 without seeing it in person.

You can call or text me on my cellular phone at (805) 896-4489 to discuss further or email me at lambretta@cox.net

Thank you,

Jack

6 hours ago, DerekM said:

I’m willing to buy for $2100 sight unseen. 

I will give $200 to Jack so he can offer more so Derek can’t buy it.

• Upvote 1

Well, I am considering selling this again... As much as I wish I didn't have to, I am looking into buying a house and need to liquify for the downpayment. The irony is that the house I am looking at has a big garage/workshop space where I could store and work on this... but I need to sell in order to buy!

Please search previous posts to see what I have done. I will include several boxes of spare parts, including the original short barrel etc.

I think $2,600 is more than fair.

Nick