dothedog

Clutch slip

Well that's a fancy clutch!

Your top plate is rubbing on the kickstart,  which would force the plates to be slightly open and cause the slipping. I would examine the kickstart and see if it's sitting flush against the case or if the shimming is off. Sometimes the inner kickstart bushing walks out of the case and needs to be tapped back in so the kickstart flange sits flush.

You may need to remove some material from the kicker for clearance although be careful not too weaken it or you'll be replacing it in short order.

From what I can see the tabs look to be locked into the crownwheel so it should be fine. If it is not, then fixing that would be a real bear to figure out since you'd have to get multiple parts of the spider machined to fix it.

If the tabs of the first clutch cork sat to high, wouldn't he have the option of installing a thicker top plate? Given there is enough room that the clutch could still compress enough, instead of having to machine parts? 

This is just for the information clarification since, as you said, the tabs all look to be within the clutch sprocket. 

That would work yeah, I never thought of that. ;)

I've only ever thought of getting thinner plates to reduce drag but that does make sense. 

IIRC, Stickey's or the MBD tech guides say to gently bend the tabs toward the basket to ensure they do not have the chance to jump out. Just make sure to only bend the tab! 

Not sure. This is where things get a little murky because there are many options. What brand are the ones in it? They look like bgm reds. I'd stick with what was run before.  If the scootopia  ones are to thick, or don't have the one plate with the dished tabs that can be a problem. Personally,  with 5 plate clutches, I try to get the thinnest steels, bgm reds and a selection of different thickness top plates. What clutch sprocket, pressure plate and spider are you using? A complete set up from one company or parts from different ones?