Barfly

Panel flash/badge removal

Can anyone offer up a good method to remove side panel emblems? I wanna prep some S2 panels for primer and want to retain originals. I know remakes are not pricy, just want to keep originals. TY

The badges are really one time use only due to the expansion pins. 

That being said the best resuse of badges I've seen was to carefully punch the badge out from the back. Then clean up the pins so they are straight and re-apply using some type of badge adhesive. 

I'd leave them in place until you are ready to repaint. 

Here is how I saved some nice cowl emblems on a series 2.  I drilled hole in the back of the emblem where it was attached originally , I did a 2mm hole just deep enough not to go all the way through, I had an assortment of 2mm aluminum rivets and used them, I dipped the tip each rivet into JBWeld and inserted it into the holes that I drilled , let them set for a few days, then I clipped the heads off the rivets and layed a 2mm flat washer over the rivet, gave the rivet a smack. I got an assortment of 2mm rivets off ebay along with some 2mm washers, I think if I was to do it again I would use 2.5 rivets, the only reason I used 2mm is because I already had them

100_2909.JPG

100_2911.JPG

100_2912.JPG

• Upvote 1