A friend stumbled on these two bikes in a small barn not a mile and a half from my house. I pass by it all the time. The '05 PX150 was bought at a local boutique V store ( note matching helmet) , has 156 miles on it and has been sitting there all its  life. $2500. Should clean up back to new. My buddy's taking it ( too new for me anyway) and I am going to resurrect it for him.

The '65 SX150 is another story. Bought on Ebay around 2000, it was last on the road in '02. Under the dirt and rat shit, it's a deep metallic blue. Cheap chrome wheels and tool box door. Body skimmed with Bondo, which is flaking all over. Inside of panels not near as smooth as the outside. Motor looks clean and it does turn over, Gas tank is almost solid varnish. It has  two-hole silent blocks, FWIW. Plastic too box. I can probably take this for next to nothing. Part of me says to leave it there, but I have this obsessive mechanical  curiosity.......

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

Yeah it's a bit odd. I was just going by the insurance ID card I found.  Cambridge Lambretta Works  shows the frame # ( 777929 ) as a  '68 SX 150. What I copied from the motor ( 004121) appears closest to a GP 125 # by British Lambretta Archives. The clean alloy head is interesting.

Unlike any pictures I have found, the panels are clipped . The inconsistently  painted components ( black motor, original 'white' on the airbox, tank, and mudguard) ; the non prep on the frame tube;  the plastic tool box;  the 'modern' electronics; and the low grade chrome ( Randal ?)  sort of lead me to believe it was just a home job. The kph speedometer looks original and was re-set to zero and the number roller bank is cocked inside. Who knows.

I can't help it, I'm going for it.

That bike is identical in nearly every way to a bodge I thought I could rescue... Check the frame down tube and under boards and see if there are repairs. Mine looked like a jar of nickels. 

13 hours ago, baronvonmike said:

No such thing as a '65 SX 150...  I'm pretty sure '66 was the first year.  Why are there no sidepanel handle latches?  Looks like the sidepanels hook in GP style.

Actually some SX150 and 200 came with clip on panels. All very late pre-dl production.

I'm not saying that's what this is but it's almost impossible to say "Innocenti never did..." when it comes to these bikes. Every time some one says something doesn't exist two examples seem to pop up.

You are probably correct that these are re-shaped GP panels.

Wow.   Searching , I found these : http://www.scooter-center.com/en/product/8013164 . I can't believe that you could beat on a panel that much and still have it fit the frame. I saw that the one panel I looked at was definitely hammered on but I didn't notice if it was completely re-shaped. I won't have the bike here for a little while. Curious.

my thoughts exactly I just don't want to have to clean up her barn.

my impression was that the panel I looked at had been hammered on but not that it had been re-formed if you know what I mean. I'll find out soon.