Hi all, new here from Southern California. My wife just purchased a basket case 1957 Lambretta LD 125 for a restoration project she wants to do. It's in decent condition. All the panels are pretty much rust free and dent free with the exception of surface rust and minor dents. Frame seems to be in good condition. Going start with helping her break down the engine for a rebuild. Not sure if I'm going to have the frame sent out for soda blast or have her do it herself. We will start a restoration thread for all to see and comment. I've restored classic muscle cars so I have some experience with restorations, but have zero experience with scooters. So we will have a lot of questions.

• Upvote 3

Welcome!  Lots of experience here and recently a few have downloaded pics of LD Restoration projects. Congrats on your new project. 

Melanie

Edited by mapsail
Clarification

Man, starting out your first Lambretta with an LD engine build. You a brave!

A few of us have built them in the past. They are complicated engines but just take time and patience to get right.

Enjoy and welcome!