Josh Snow

TS1 225 reeds

hey gang.

trying to locate some replacement reeds for my ts1.  Can't seems to find them in basic searches of my usual sites/google. Tired and not feeling like playing internet ...sooo...

are there any easily obtainable (ie. dirtbike) reeds that fit a standard ts1 225 reedblock?  if so, what am I looking for? any one brand better than others?

thanks

Josh

I think you're right Mike... but I'm not sure what "modifications" they did to this standard looking RD cage... ?  it's says it's "ready milled down"... maybe just a little material around the body of the cage needs a little help.. 

http://www.bgm-tuning.com/shop/reed-valve-bgm-pro-rd350-type-modified-for-lambretta-ts1-grp-petals/

or it could just be the 4 little cut-outs in the top of the cage... 

http://www.scooter-center.com/en/product/BGM2550A/Reed+valve+BGM+PRO+RD350+type+modified+for+Lambretta+TS1+GRP+petals?meta=

Looks standard to me except for the 4 cutouts. I'll post a picture of a stock rd and a stock rz. A popular easy mod for an rd reed cage is to cut out the middle divider on each side and use a single petal from a yz125. Here are some dimensions on different reed cages.

Reed-Ventile.png

this is where I found my confusion...Even AFR's site doesn't say what this reed is modeled after.  Can any of you confirm that the RD reed is a fit?

There is a Boysen reed petal that fits the standard TS1 block but I can't for the life of me remember which one it was. The RD reed block and petal offered by a number of places is a popular conversion which really should be done to all TS1s as the performance of the standard is crap.

• Upvote 1

well...damn. Just wanted to find an easy stateside source for direct bolt in replacement reeds....guess that's not going to happen. Thought the TS1 was a bit more ubiquitous. Guess I have to order from AFR since I just want to replace these so I can sell the scooter.

They are RD350 reeds, vforce make an awesome replacement, as well as BGM, pinasco, and some other manufacturers. Same reed used in other scooter brand mmw reed block intake.  I would ask mark at scooter speed if he has any laying around, or order some through jet 200.  Pretty painless and pretty quick as far as shipping.

Tons more info on MB website as well