Stan Obal

Child care at the 2017 Lambretta Jamboree

I know a few of us will be bringing out children to this years Lambretta Jamboree. Jay, Aaron, and myself just to name a few. Something was set up in Cocoa Beach a few years ago and it worked out great. I've been looking around for child care in that area of PA and have found a few businesses that can do Saturday night / after hours baby sitting. If anyone else needs this service post here with your information. I'd like to set something up for around $20 a child for a 4 to 5 hour block. Let me know what you guys think.

Stan

• Upvote 3

Stan,

Thanks for putting this together. we're definitely interested. Where and what time or how late are you thinking? My kids might make it to 10 - 10:30pm, but typically they are asleep by 9, but it summer vacation after all.

If the Day Care place doesn't work out, I will be bringing my sitter with me to watch my 3 year old. I'm sure she can handle a couple more, plus it will give my child someone to play with. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, cSAMf said:

If the Day Care place doesn't work out, I will be bringing my sitter with me to watch my 3 year old. I'm sure she can handle a couple more, plus it will give my child someone to play with. 

definitely interested in some kids entertainment! :-) Looking forward to seeing you guys in a few weeks.

14 minutes ago, biminyrd said:

definitely interested in some kids entertainment! :-) Looking forward to seeing you guys in a few weeks.

We'll be easy to find. I'll be on a black and blue S type with my wife and her curly red hair.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, cSAMf said:

Your sister might be the easiest route. It would only be for the Saturday night dinner , awards  and raffle. So maybe 4 to 5 hours at the most. She would definitely make some $ . Pm me when you can so we can iron out anything that needs to be addressed. Double check and see if she's 100% down. Thank you! Stan.

• Upvote 1

I'm really late to the childcare conversation. That being said we're bringing our four kids. I'm debating on the need for a Saturday night sitter. Last year they behaved really well at the Saturday night party. I was thinking of feeding the kids before the Saturday night party & then putting them at a table off to the side. My thought was to keep them entertained with board games, books, or as a last ditch effort the DS. 

9 hours ago, SuperSally said:

I'm really late to the childcare conversation. That being said we're bringing our four kids. I'm debating on the need for a Saturday night sitter. Last year they behaved really well at the Saturday night party. I was thinking of feeding the kids before the Saturday night party & then putting them at a table off to the side. My thought was to keep them entertained with board games, books, or as a last ditch effort the DS. 

Sally, its a really big hall, with a massive dancefloor. There's plenty of room for them to run around and let of steam too, but more than enough room to set up a kids table. The Friday night venue wouldn't be so good for them, however.

Thanks Andrea.  I was thinking along the same lines.  I'm glad to know that on Saturday there will be room to stick them in a corner.

47 minutes ago, SuperSally said:

Thanks Andrea.  I was thinking along the same lines.  I'm glad to know that on Saturday there will be room to stick them in a corner.

Also, the hall is not going to mind if you bring snacks for them.

• Upvote 1