Jeggers926

Greetings Folks

Hey there!

Figured I should introduce myself instead of just lurking around. My name is Jacob, I live just outside of Philadelphia.

I had my eye on my father in laws Jet 200 since my wife and I started dating (16 years ago) I offered to buy it multiple times (no dice)

This past September my wife surprised me for my birthday. She convinced her dad to GIVE me the Lammy as a gift.

It's not in perfect shape, but it has held up nicely over the years. I also learned that my FIL has kept every bit of paperwork along the way. I know every but of maintenance that has been done along with which parts were used.

I feel very fortunate to be the one to continue caring for this scooter, and more fortunate to have such generous people in my life.

Anyway,  that's the story.

I'll post some pics when I research how to (should I post them as an edit, or a reply)

Happy New Year

Edit, these pics are before a major bath, and the temp removal of the windscreen brackets.

btZzcGt.jpg

py99pI4.jpg

vKQCrUa.jpg

• Upvote 10

3 hours ago, Jeggers926 said:

I'll post some pics when I research how to (should I post them as an edit, or a reply)

Happy New Year

If you are adding pictures, instead of just commenting on another member's comment, I recommend adding pictures as an edit of your original post.

can't wait to see pictures of that Jet!

• Upvote 1

On 12/31/2016 at 4:13 PM, Stan Obal said:

Welcome. And I guess I'll be seeing you at the Lambretta Jamboree in July.

Stan

I'm working on it. But first I need to get this Jet looked over, and fully legal (inspection)!

• Upvote 2

Matte "Honda Rebel 250" half-helmet with camo cargo shorts and cell phone mounted sideways on your belt? 

I grew up in PA so I'm not disappointed. But as a Lambrettist...

That is a beautiful Jet.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, upjettr said:

Matte "Honda Rebel 250" half-helmet with camo cargo shorts and cell phone mounted sideways on your belt? 

I grew up in PA so I'm not disappointed. But as a Lambrettist...

That is a beautiful Jet.

Doesn't get more Delco than that!

At least I'm not wearing flip flops. Boots and a helmet. Now I added jeans and gloves.

• Upvote 1

Not a story you here everyday!  That's fantastic.  Looks great - glad you got it. See you in PA

2 hours ago, k-dog said:

Not a story you here everyday!  That's fantastic.  Looks great - glad you got it. See you in PA

I'm still blown away every time I go in my garage! 

Can you post a close up of the Boeing sticker/license? I'm digging the Boeing + jet tie-in. 

• Upvote 1

2GROWi4.jpg

One of the first things I noticed was how well the design of that parking pass fits the style of the Jet.

My FIL retired from Boeing.

Hell, my wife has memories of being driven to pre-school on this scooter!

• Upvote 7

Nice Jet & Welcome!

• Upvote 1

Damn!  That is an awesome story and congrats!  Beautiful scoot!  See your At Lammy Jammy. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I'm really glad that I joined this community. I just got my pack of goodies in the mail yesterday, super impressed! 

Now if my work schedule and the weather would ease up, I can get some more miles on this lovely machine!

• Upvote 1