Sign in to follow this  
gone

Casa rear axles

I bought a couple of the new Casa rear axles about 1.5 years ago.

Can anyone tell me whether this is the same product as the Casa axle being sold as "5 speed exclusive?" I've sent some messages using the websites of resellers, but don't get replies.

http://jet200.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2323

https://www.riminilambrettacentre.com/en/novita-albero-asse-ruota-posteriore-per-5-marce-lambretta-s1-s2-s3-gp-dl-serveta.html

My thoughts are that it probably is not. 

I understand these Casa Performance layshafts are to be thicker, and there will be two versions. One with a splined end similar to a vethpa for the new octopus rear hub. 

As resellers,  we too have difficulty getting some information. Dean Orton is a very busy man.

I'm sorry I guess I've not answered your question, and there is even more confusion. 

Perhaps the dealer that sold you the layshaft 1.5 years ago will know more. 

Whole lot of splines on that axle. Going to be hard to put a  stock Lammy hub on it. What's next? Ve@2pa style Lammy hubs? 

Dammit. I really just wanted to button up the gearbox on Christmas day. 

The ones I bought were from Jet200.com.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dirtyhandslopez said:

Whole lot of splines on that axle. Going to be hard to put a  stock Lammy hub on it. What's next? Ve@2pa style Lammy hubs? 

What's next is a more robust rear hub called the Octopus that can hold the rim with 8 studs instead of 4. A standard rim can be used if you remove 4 of the studs. 

I can inderstand the frustration but these are new products in the works. The choice of marketing then before they are available is questionable I agree  

300+ products are due to come out for almost every model of lambretta produced by Innocenti. 

This includes the shaft drive models, and J range scooters too. 

Some products are currently out of stock in Italy because of demand,

and will not be available again until

some time into the new year. 

Weird, have never had a wheel fall off because it only had four nuts holding it on.

New products for the sake of new products to sell perhaps?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Darren, I believe the redesign of the layshaft/hub/rim assembly by the Casa Performance group is in response to concerns of standard component failure in engines making 40hp or greater. It also eliminates what they feel as the weak link in the design, cone style mounting of the hub.

Upjettr, The part number of the layshaft you referenced from Jet200 is M286, the part number for the 5-speed specific layshaft is M286a. The parts are not the same. The Rimini website describes the differences. Does this answer your question? We may have one M286a layshaft in stock....checking now. Please email us at trinitylambretta@yahoo.com and I can confirm availability and price.

https://www.riminilambrettacentre.com/en/albero-ruota-posteriore-li.html

https://www.riminilambrettacentre.com/en/novita-albero-asse-ruota-posteriore-per-5-marce-lambretta-s1-s2-s3-gp-dl-serveta.html

• Upvote 2

Oh jesus christ.

What about Casa Persormance part no. X74 and no. X75? It would be kinda goofy to issue a special axle for a hub that doesn't even exist. I'm especially fearful of buying a part that is proprietary if the part it is intended for might have a design change between now and when it is released.

But it is okay. I'm just getting antsy. I REALLY want to put this engine together. I can hardly wait. So much cool shit. I'll probably start welding the frame up in a couple weeks, so that should keep me occupied.

Upjettr, I've emailed Dean about the availability of the newly designed "Octopus" layshaft/hub/rim combo. He has responded but only to say "I'll get you more info soon". Will let you know as soon as I know.

• Upvote 1

Well, the 8-stud "Octopus" tubeless rims are released. I picked up a couple, but still waiting for the complementing disc hub asembly and axle. Ideally, the strong version of the axle will be available soon. I was hoping to hustle on it so I can book a ship date with Denver James for the PA Jammy...

On 12/23/2016 at 11:08 AM, Aaron Hecker said:

standard component failure in engines making 40hp or greater. 

Fair enough. I would then have to ask the question, how many people have 40hp+ scooters?

Weird, have never had a wheel fall off because it only had four nuts holding it on.

New products for the sake of new products to sell perhaps?

The cone method may be considered weak by some, but a lot of some have done a great many miles on that set up, although granted, most were below 40hp;)

I can appreciate the skepticism, but CL are making products that reflect failings made evident on the track. After dropping $2k on and engine casing and $4-6k into an engine, I wouldnt want to risk anything that hadn't been designed to modern specs.

Another way to look at it, if the choice is  between 1950s/60s and Modern technology, you might as well fully modernize every component. IMO and all that of course.