Sign in to follow this  
cbert04401

Rear Floorboards

Does anybody know, if I take the rear floorboards off a series 2 and lay them on the floor upside down, do they lay flat on the floor? Like if I go around and push down with my finger in spots all the way around (except for the curved rear,of course) will it rock at all. I'm just trying to figure out if there are any "bends" manufactured in to the boards. My left one seems kind of twisted.

The floorboards are intended to align with your panels without rubbing, (mine rub anyways). the floorboards will rock since the area underneath the rails are raised, and there is a significant amount of metal on the sides throwing it off balance. this is a question where photos would help, especially one with a comparison to a straight edged ruler or 2x4.

You've asked a number of questions about how something should be, which is a very difficult question for API's, since they were using old molds, which introduced a lot of variability into the fit and shape of some of the bodywork, like the front fender. i'm not sure your ultimate goal is, but just enjoy the bike and try not to get caught up in how a part should be. and if in doubt post photos.

Yes, being an API, almost anything goes. I'm just asking because the brackets are on wrong and while fitting the floor boards it would help me to know which is right. I'll try to post pics if I can.

• Upvote 1