cbert04401

Hole for brake pedal.

Hey guys,

I have a series 2 and I can't tell if the hole in the floor is from a botched fit job or if it is supposed to look like this and is just a little ragged. I can't find a clear shot of it in my restoration books. Could some of you show me some pics of how yours looks? it just seems like the hole should be a ,not too wide, rectangle. Mine is like a square and even extends into the center channel. I want to make it look right. Is there any rubber around the hole?

ThanksIMG_1754.JPG

Thanks. I guess mine isn't too far from that. Once I take it apart, it may be able to be coaxed into position. When you say no rubber gasket,do you mean it doesn't use one?

Inclined to disagree, yours looks nothing like an original. Have never seen one that looked like that before.

Are your legshields a recent purchase or were they fitted to the scoot when you got it? Could you show a picture of the whole scooter please?

Scooter was complete when I got it. That's not to say it wasn't pieced together,but I'm trying to find each little thing that makes it correct. Here's some pics. It's supposed to be a 62 series 2 . I haven't seen anything with SIL or API anywhere. The only thing Indian I see is the carb.

IMG_1794.JPG

IMG_1795.JPG

IMG_1796.JPG

IMG_1797.JPG

IMG_1736.JPG

That is an early horncast, not fit on 62 LIs, Along with the switch, grips, lack panel beading, and phillips head screws in various places could either a home rebuild job or API. check the vin prefix on the frame. italian frames say IGM.

It should read 150LI ###### IGM ##### if im not mistaken for italian machines. API's are reversed,  the six digit frame numbers than the 150LI, so it sounds like an API.  

frame.jpg

Thanks Peter. 

So that hole might be normal for an api then, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

It's kind of bent up,or down rather. I think when I get it apart and hammer it flat,that it will come out correct. If not ,It can be made correct. My worry was that someone cut into the radius,but the other pics are cut that way so I feel better about that. I'm still not sure about what series the engine is. I've heard I can tell when I take the chain cover off. What would I look for? A "Series2" or some other kind of mark?