Texas175

Finally gave in and got my first Lambretta...

Hi, I'm Kim...I'm sure I know quite a few of you already! After riding V_espa scooters of my own and Lambretta scooters that belong to my husband (and debating V_espa vs. Lambretta for MANY years-half in jest, though-just to irritate him), I finally have my own...a 1962 TV 175. 

I'm from Florida and also lived in Georgia for awhile..now in Texas. I still have my first running bike from the 90's-an American Rally 200 and also my European Rally 200. We have various Lambrettas including some Li's-one Series 1 and a couple of Series 3's, an LD that I love, and even a Jet 200.

FYI for when you are swinging through Texas:We have a monthly meet up here on the first Sunday of each month here in Austin, Texas at the Crown and Anchor Pub...normally at noon, but during this time of year for a couple of months it's a little later in the day...due to the heat...also, we have the Austin Hill Country Classic each year on whichever weekend May 1st falls on (hint hint:mark your calendars!). You can find the Austin Metro Vintage Scooter Group on Facebook for more info!

So, I have crossed over to the dark side, finally!

See you around!....o---)o......

• Upvote 4

Welcome!  Hope you can make it to the next Lammy Jammy, gonna be on the East Coast next summer.

Post some pictures of your new ride. We like pictures.

• Upvote 1

Currently working on it, here's some pix from my computer:

(I have more on my phone that I will dig up)

Will post with my progression, as well...^_^

TV175-engine-art.gif

TV175-art-1-web.gif

TV 175 front hub after.jpg

• Upvote 4

Excuse me, sir, do I know you Mr. Scooter Hauler? Hehe!

BTW:Working on the Dallas Classic logistics...looks like everything is so far, working out.  :)

• Upvote 1

On 8/2/2016 at 10:47 AM, Stan Obal said:

Welcome Kim. you and Gio should travel north a bit for some rallies. I'm just sayin'.

Better late than never! I need to get on here more often!

Yeah. I'm not sure how I missed this post last year...Welcome..now lets see some pics of your progress.  Hopefully you are progressing much faster than I.