Still working on my series 2 project but this popped up and as much as it pains me as I'll have to cull the herd by 1 scooter to make some room in the barn, it'll be one of the lesser brands of scooter anyway. I've never really been that into Series 3 scoots but at the Baltimore Rally last weekend I got passed on a very fast P200 I was WOT on by a RB225 Series 3 and now I'm itching for a gofast Lambretta which my Series 2 will not be. Anyhow, big sucker for original paint here which pushed me to pull the trigger. Hopefully it'll be in Denver by September. Some of you probably saw this at the Jammy....it was in Duluth this year. 

Series 3-1.jpg

Series 3.jpg

Series 3-2.jpg

• Upvote 3

Cool patina on that scoot.. Seemed to run fine in Duluth. 

Great price as well . Good luck with that .

Pete

1 hour ago, Nicholas De Rosa said:

Who had an RB225 in Baltimore?

Nice score btw.

HAHA! Hey Nick...dunno, who was that guy? His bike looked exactly like the one in your profile pic. 

Well ScooterHauler came a week early which got me this Lammy before my birthday (which was yesterday so yeah, birthday) and came out on our rides last weekend for the 2016 Denver Vintage Scooter Rodeo as well which was a good time for sure. Unfortunately, as is the case living at altitude there was no way to have the scoot prepped to do the rides so I rode one of my other scoots but now that the Rodeo is over I have been starting the process of freshening this thing up to get it out on the road before the snow flies. 

First things first got her fired up but the float bowl was sticking and pissing fuel everywhere. Again, due to altitude and jetting it's necessary to rebuild the carb anyway and rejet so I'm going from a 99 to a 94 main at the recommendation of Kroge at Jet200. I've also gotten a new BGM cable kit sitting on the workbench and hope to get those freshened up today. 

I've primarily just been trying to clean this thing up....it's very original and many of the bolts aren't cooperating or are rusty..I've taken the rear fender off to get up in there and clean and painted the taillight black as well. The chrome reflector inside the taillight is pretty rusty and I'll save it to re-chrome one day or something but have gotten a replacement from Jet200 as well to use for now. One of the rear rims has had a washer welded on it to hold the thing together which shot a bolt at me when I was removing the rear wheel. I think someone here in town should have a used spare I can salvage to use so I'll likely do that. 

Finally it just a lot of cleaning, polishing, buffing, etc. The clutch is weak as the previous owner indicated when purchased. I ain't got no time to ride around like that and have a chain, lightened crown, and clutch plates in my shed. This sunday I'll be replacing all those items with their modern counterparts for reliability and a bit better performance but mainly again just to freshen up and ride a bit. 

Shiny LI125.jpg

shinier.jpg

washer wheel.jpg

• Upvote 1

Still doing clean up although I've gotten a lot of stuff sorted. I need to install the new cables still but after cleaning a bunch of stuff up I started putting things back together. Sourced a polished taillight which, on the inside at least, is the same color as the bike. I also managed to get another innocenti rear rim and painted it all black just to clean it up (it was white and crusty anyway). From there I drained the oil to prep to remove the chaincase side of the engine and removed the exhaust and ended up removing the cylinder head as well as I figured I'd need to clean it up anyway. I found a bunch of mud and hay in there so I am glad I did and the spark plug cap while functional was broken so I've gotten another.

In bigger news, once I took the exhaust off I saw the exhaust manifold was crimped almost halfway and the box weighed a couple pounds more than another stock exhaust I had sitting around so it's definitely full of carbon. Then after pulling the barrel and thinking to myself "why am I gonna do all the work to clean this up just to have it be a slow 125cc still" I got bit and decided to go where I eventually wanted to take this bike anyway. I went ahead and ordered the 175cc conversion piston and will take a 150 barrel to the machine shop to get that sorted so it'll be a 175 when I'm done.....I'll be matching the PHBL Dellorto 24 (I think?) with the Jet200 intake manifold to the kit and I have a new BGM big box (series 2 version) for my series 2 sitting around I'll use for a bit (it'll look wierd I'm sure) before deciding on a pipe in the spring when I can drop more cash on this thing. Anyhow, cleaning up well and I'm happy to be moving in the direction I was planning on anyway with the project. 

photo (3).JPG

• Upvote 1

Got the chaincase side off....noticed this, several of the clutch springs were not seated properly. Not sure if this is one of the reasons the clutch lever was so difficult to pull in but I wouldn't be surprised. Was rebuilding the clutch anyway though. 

photo (4).JPG

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, ScottWally said:

It's a beauty - reminds me of my original S3 Li 'Rusty', now owned by Jim Linser.

It does doesn't it? Also I think Eakles has one in the same colorway and of course Kroge has the one he uses for engine testing which is the same color as well.....I love the monotone over the two-tone colorway.

Parts came in and finally got the top end sorted and the transmission completely gone through. Ended up taking a 150 jug and reworking it to a 175cc along with the Jet200 manifold and carb kit (Dellorto) along with getting the U bend installed for the big bore exhaust. Gears and sliding dog looked fine but one of them was in backwards and there was some weird slop behind the end plate. Ended up disassembling and reassembling the thing along with new chain, clutch plates, and some hardware as needed. Always helps to have a trained eye on these things and Jon at Jet200 was right there giving me tips along the way. 

photo 1 (4).JPG

photo 2 (2).JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 4 (2).JPG

• Upvote 1

Lambrettas only ride participation for you soon in Denver I hope.  Maybe even in December with this crazy warm weather. Great work Will.

• Upvote 1

I saw Swerves last week up at his work. Made sure to mention the lammy only ride next spring for sure. The ride is the primary reason I got into these things and having the shop right here. When your local scooter shop is all Lambretta, it's pretty much a no-brainer. The convenience is just too easy not to. 

• Upvote 1

Been riding this thing all summer. Running good but the stockish 175 setup really can't keep up with the Casa Superlight pipe....which everyone tells me is loud AF but i like it. ? float went bad and I snapped the rear shock as well but it was original and needed repacement anyway. Since getting her on the road realized the fork was bent so straightened that out in the press and rebuilt the whole thing and added BGM dampers.

20170416_201309.jpg

• Upvote 1