Sign in to follow this  
wookieneck

Why does my 125 carby leak fuel and what is a good replacement option?

I have an li 125 that loves to dump all sorts of fuel on the ground and runs pretty much when it wants to. Original carb.

Would any of these be a direct replacement that would make it so I can go on a ride without pushing it back?

(yes I am carb ignorant. They operate on magic and voodoo in my mind)

I have an li 125 that loves to dump all sorts of fuel on the ground and runs pretty much when it wants to. Original carb.

Would any of these be a direct replacement that would make it so I can go on a ride without pushing it back?

(yes I am carb ignorant. They operate on magic and voodoo in my mind)

Have u opened up the carb and replaced needle? Give it a good cleaning and order a scootopia rebuild kit ?

• Upvote 2

ugh.

rejetting is no big deal, but now i am overwhelmed with options and little footnotes about having to change intakes and air hoses. Guess I need to call a place that sells carbs and say "hello, I am a moron. Please sell me whatever I need to make my scooter run."

Shut up and take my money!

lol

• Upvote 1

Have u opened up the carb and replaced needle? Give it a good cleaning and order a scootopia rebuild kit ?

no, but I pulled it off and its on the bench. Right next to one of the carbs from my moto guzzi and a revolver with a single bullet.

Carbs make no sense to me, im a fuel injection guy. ones and zeros, ones and zeros!

I will tear into it as soon as I get a chance. Just tried to find casa lambretta, which is the last place I bought any parts. Guess it is no more so ive got an email into "Jet200" about a rebuild kit.

Casa makes a kit and So does Scootopia . Scootopia makes a kit with a ethanol resistant float . They are pretty easy to rebuild - in fact there are some videos on u tube to help. Cheers

• Upvote 2

Hey Wokieneck!  Its been almost a year now....how did you make out with your carb issues??  I'm in the market for an upgrade to modern carb and wondering how you made out.